Centrelink - how much can i have in the bank? (1 Viewer)

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
I want to put a significant amount in my bank (gift from parents) but they said to me to find out if centrelink may stop payments youth allowance/austudy if i did this the money is for a home deposit for the future once i graduate uni.

Anyone got any ideas?
Why don't you use your parent money rather then getting off from centrelink.. Don't your brother paid for you as well...

Should quit doing it or i might report to centrelink

Edit: http://community.boredofstudies.org...ens-if-i-save-all-my-centrelink-payments.html for proof..

Last edited:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Why don't you use your parent money rather then getting off from centrelink.. Don't your brother paid for you as well...

Should quit doing it or i might report to centrelink

Edit: http://community.boredofstudies.org...ens-if-i-save-all-my-centrelink-payments.html for proof..
No my brothers dont financially support me, they only talked about it but decided not too because of their own kids to support & mortgage repayments to pay obviously. Even if they did decide to give me pocket money, it is not against centrelink rules because it is considered a gift not assessable income!

I dont understand what the fuck is wrong with you seriously. What is wrong for a parent to give their kid some money to buy their first homes (you be surprised how many kids get support in this ridiculous real estate market) and more than likely i will repay them when i graduate from uni long term.

Edit: i realised there are many assholes on the forums, but alot of helpful people too. i dont appreciate you trying to threaten me "oh i am going dob you in" woot woot.... do you do that shit too with your friends? get over it.

Last edited:

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Soo by gift? is it weekly or monthly?.... still exploiting the system...

My parent doesn't support me and i still live really fine... how i know this.. i probably have more experience then u living outside of home...

If you can buy a house, then u shouldn't be on centrelink...

Why am i reporting you: It call FRAUD darl.. should read up on that.. btw not hard to report you because of your *cough* isp

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
stop making yourself look silly.

"Shouldnt" and "cant" is a huge difference. Shouldnt you know that?

Show me the links where i "cant" claim.

Based on your previous posts in this finance section, you're wrong in most of your advice.

Have a look at the assets test, home owners can claim centrelink payments. Hmmm....

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
ok.. if you know it all, why ask on BOS?..

your smart enough right? or your too dumb too search your own infomation.

FYI most of my info is unreliable because:

1. I'm not centrelink

난 게으른 한국어 당신 같은거야

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
ok.. if you know it all, why ask on BOS?..

your smart enough right? or your too dumb too search your own infomation.

FYI most of my info is unreliable because:

1. I'm not centrelink

난 게으른 한국어 당신 같은거야
Never claimed i am "smart".

Above reply gave me the link and i had a good read through it.

I dont deserve any this. And type in English, this is a "english" forum. Use naver or hojunara if you want to learn your korean.

Discussion over. I got the answer i needed.

aussie-boy

HSC
Youth allowance is a payment for people who could not otherwise afford to survive while studying
If your parents have the desire to throw money at you, stop leeching off the taxpayer

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Never claimed i am "smart".

Above reply gave me the link and i had a good read through it.

I dont deserve any this. And type in English, this is a "english" forum. Use naver or hojunara if you want to learn your korean.

Discussion over. I got the answer i needed.
Nope it sarcasm... didn't detect it

Youth allowance is a payment for people who could not otherwise afford to survive while studying
If your parents have the desire to throw money at you, stop leeching off the taxpayer
^ This

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Nope it sarcasm... didn't detect it
i guess so.

my parents always talk about "what they want to do" but i never end up getting any help anyway, isnt that what most 'parents' wish for? i was just here asking out of curiosity, besides i always report to centrelink within 14 day time period if any changes to see if i am eligible or not (this is their rule, if i am found out i get penalised! so no point lying about things), besides i never claimed centrelink during high school or during last 18months while i could have (since i am considered independent too - mature age student).

Also pocket money from parents or brothers are very normal in korean culture (you should know this!) and it is nowhere near enough to survive on, money from centrelink barely cover the rent and food! once i settle down in uni life, i definately want to go find a job (most jobs give insufficient hours or inflexible hours to suit study in my opinion)

i got ticked off, because i dont appreciate you calling me things i am not. or threatening me over things, you know there is a thing called defamation.

Anyway, stupid thread and discussion. I dont want to waste anymore time on this, we got fucked up against argentina and i am hungover atm, move on.

Last edited:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Also funny, most of the people advising me are 4 or 5 years younger than me! i would think i have more life experience than any of you.

If you said things in front of my face, i wouldnt let it slide. Especially in non school forum, is a nightmare. Too many internet warriors to my liking, but scared cats irl.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Also funny, most of the people advising me are 4 or 5 years younger than me! i would think i have more life experience than any of you.

If you said things in front of my face, i wouldnt let it slide. Especially in non school forum, is a nightmare. Too many internet warriors to my liking, but scared cats irl.
If your a fair few year older then all of the people in BoS... then

why are you here?

why are you asking advice for centrelink here? espcailly something to do with fraud.... even ask centrelink.. it call FRAUD..

why are you depending on parent and relative money?

Can you manage your budget?

if you re "mature" wouldnt you have a job and degree by now... and wouldnt relies on centrelink..

it a tradition to give out "gift" to children too but i know better not to accept because you won't experience the harsh life....

What i have gather, you have LACK of experience and maturity... you can deny all you want but remember you should check on thread you make over the past 3 month... remember the UTS thread asking which degree is the easiest and don't requiare much work..? Might as well go to centrelink and claim unemployment benefit..

It sad and kinda funny how you call me a "internet warrior" but serz, i would still call you a bum and a deadbeat and scum to aus society... Trust me sweetheart, you probably gonna say your a black belt in TKD blah blah blah but ya... you wouldn't do SHIT to me...Then you probably gonna say I'm was drafted to Korea army but you know Australia army will shit all over your korean army...

I know Korean are bunch of arrogent fuck (e.g Friends and Past gf) but didn't you guys got anal rape by the Japanese, Russian and the American?? You should stop denying and be all ignorence and face the fact.. and STOP acting arrogent and ignorent...

Don't fight back, just think about it... I'm not "hating" on you.... I'm just saying think for a min and be REALISTIC..

If you don't know i'm a realist... soo stop living in your fantasy drama world and stop leeching money from the tax payer....

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You can do what you like, no-one is going to stop you, but i think it's pretty fucked up that you seem to think government support is your right just because you're too lazy/disorganised to get a job while studying. Plenty of students support themselves with paid work while studying and are able to maintain their marks, i don't see what makes you any different? While it may not be the most fun or easy thing in the world to do that doesn't mean you're entitled to leech off a system that is designed for people who truly cannot maintain acceptable standards of living without it.

Last edited:

vce09

HSC
hmm, even though you removed your original post i can still figure out what your asking. To be honest why are you coming back on this site when you graduated in 2004? and asking people about centerlink that are years younger, about something that is illegal. Shouldnt you of gotten your master degree by now and thinking about future and marriage instead of scamming a minimal sum off the government.

Please allow the centerlink system to help those truely in need, and not a greedy asian who stashes cash in closets to cheat the government.

Good luck to you in the future

TyndallTkd

HSC
you can still claim centrelink if you are being given money by relatives because it is not income. i myself inherited a large sum of money and can still claim centrelink
saying that someone that can afforda homeloan or to buy a house shouldnt be on centrelink is silly. how do you think people save to geta homeloan or buy a house when theyre job pays alot less? centrelink contributes to that amount through payments.

izzy88

HSC
you can still claim centrelink if you are being given money by relatives because it is not income. i myself inherited a large sum of money and can still claim centrelink
Obviously I have no idea what your circumstances are, they may be completely different, not relevant to what I know about youth allowance;

but from the centrelink website, it says that income is any money you receive, even as a gift or allowance- i would think that this technically then includes any money someone would get (ie. a weekly allowance) etc from parents/relatives.

Income
Income means an 'income amount' you earn, derive or receive for your own use or benefit; or a periodical payment or benefit you receive as a gift or allowance. It includes income from outside Australia.

'Income amount' means:
- personal earnings; (i.e. earnings for work performed including wages, salaries, bonuses, penalty rates, overtime, commission or honoraria, and stipends)
- monies (i.e legal tender, cash)
- valuable consideration (i.e. you receive goods, services or some other benefit in exchange for some item, action or promise)
- profits (i.e. the amount of earnings in excess of its expenses, whether of a capital nature or not).
saying that someone that can afforda homeloan or to buy a house shouldnt be on centrelink is silly. how do you think people save to geta homeloan or buy a house when theyre job pays alot less? centrelink contributes to that amount through payments.
well if you have more than $5,500 in liquid assets (money etc) your youth allowance payments will be deferred until you come under that amount. That seems a pretty clear indication to me that centrelink/government does not expect you to be able to save for a house with gov. money- they expect you to be able to need that money to live/survive, not be able to just put it all into savings.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)