centrelink payments... (1 Viewer)

jezzmo2

HSC
The princess is not getting money from the government. What a bloody outrage. The system has let us down... again! John Howard is certainly the one to blame! You Johny John John and your schemes to keep free money away from us sad internet dwellers.

If you are living at home and your parents can afford to keep you alive, you are very fortunate. If they cannot provide for you and you HAVE to move out, then centrelink will deem you independant under the circumstances. If you have proven yourself to be independant by earning over $16k etc, then they will help you out if you decide to study to further your role and utility in the workforce. You are not owed anything.

The system certainly has its flaws, but most of these are because it has to find new ways to stop people like you from getting money from it.

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
geez.. i didnt mean to make such a big shit fight..i think it is fucking hopeless the amount parents have to be earning to get centrlink payments. The people who get it would be getting like shit all and should be getting alot more than what they actually do get out of them.
And yes i do have two jobs, i work 3 1/2 hours on a saturday and get like $37, and as i said, i only get work sometimes at the other place which i would only get another like 30 bucks from anyways, which is also about twice a month if im lucky!
get fucked i have put my name down at about 6 places now, so i am fucking looking! and there is no use mocking the people who come here on boats or wateva, coz they cant automatically have a bloody job as soon as they get here dipshit, theyd have to look for one first which is why they get there payments!

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
what do you mean 'people like me'..you dont even fucking know me!I dont have much money by the time i put petrol in my car, my parents can support me, but im also not the only frigen person in the family to be supported! wake up to yourself!

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
my dad makes over the threshhold and i live with him so im not entitled to anything. which SUKS because my dad literally has the mentality of 'your 18 support ur goddamn self' , so when i dont have work im literally on my own.. with no money to survive. (the only thing dad really provides me is a bed and a meal SOMETIMES once a day coz he works. i buy my own clothes, transport, food sometimes, knick knacks, everything)

the system sucks, yeah, and i think some cases should be looked at individually... one of my friends is totally rorting the system, makes close to like 400 a week and gets over 300 from centrelink fortnightly because he lied and said hes living away from home, but has the nice cushy lifestyle his parents provide for him. Basically his swimming in money.
Shit like that pisses me off.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:
geez.. i didnt mean to make such a big shit fight..i think it is fucking hopeless the amount parents have to be earning to get centrlink payments. The people who get it would be getting like shit all and should be getting alot more than what they actually do get out of them.
And yes i do have two jobs, i work 3 1/2 hours on a saturday and get like $37, and as i said, i only get work sometimes at the other place which i would only get another like 30 bucks from anyways, which is also about twice a month if im lucky!
get fucked i have put my name down at about 6 places now, so i am fucking looking! and there is no use mocking the people who come here on boats or wateva, coz they cant automatically have a bloody job as soon as they get here dipshit, theyd have to look for one first which is why they get there payments!
2 jobs but only 4 hours of work a week? If you can't afford uni take a fucking year off and work.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
Tuggi3 said:
my dad makes over the threshhold and i live with him so im not entitled to anything. which SUKS because my dad literally has the mentality of 'your 18 support ur goddamn self' , so when i dont have work im literally on my own.. with no money to survive. (the only thing dad really provides me is a bed and a meal SOMETIMES once a day coz he works. i buy my own clothes, transport, food sometimes, knick knacks, everything)

the system sucks, yeah, and i think some cases should be looked at individually... one of my friends is totally rorting the system, makes close to like 400 a week and gets over 300 from centrelink fortnightly because he lied and said hes living away from home, but has the nice cushy lifestyle his parents provide for him. Basically his swimming in money.
Shit like that pisses me off.
Report him.

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
Liberal Scum said:
2 jobs but only 4 hours of work a week? If you can't afford uni take a fucking year off and work.
im taking half a year off..coz one of my courses only goes for 6 months, so as i said its not like im not trying to stop bludging from my parents, i feel bad coz they pay for almost everything for me..

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
pRiNCesS..!! said:
**i just called centrelink to see if i could recieve any austudy payments while im seeking a job before i go to canberra next year in july. My parents COMBINED, need to be earning BELOW $48 704..anyone else think thats really stupid??Most single parents would be earning above that..im fully dependant, earning about $37.85 a week, and i cant get a cent from them. I feel like im completely bludgin off my parents because i can hardly afford to put fuel in my car, i have 2 jobs one which i rarely get to work at because it depends how many people are booked,i couldnt have got a job somewhere that gave me hours after school during the week because i dont get home until late and ive applied at 6 places for a job next year, so i am really trying to find one asap...ggrrrrrrrr..

**does anyone think its a good thing that the cut-off is so low?
Austudy Paymenys are for those 25 or over. Or people who gained independent status. **Please correct me if I'm wrong**

You'd need to be on Youth Allowance.

The cut-off is so low so those who really need a helping hand can get it.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:
im taking half a year off..coz one of my courses only goes for 6 months, so as i said its not like im not trying to stop bludging from my parents, i feel bad coz they pay for almost everything for me..
But you wouldn't feel bad about bludging off complete strangers instead?

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
no..they are there to support people who need money..they are also the ones who take thousands of dollars off our parents ((who are considered our main supporters, even when we are 18, and at uni)) each year in tax..seems fair to me..its not like i would have been totally dependant on the payments, it would just help to be able to actually have more than 22c in the bank when i move for uni

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:
no..they are there to support people who need money..they are also the ones who take thousands of dollars off our parents ((who are considered our main supporters, even when we are 18, and at uni)) each year in tax..seems fair to me..its not like i would have been totally dependant on the payments, it would just help to be able to actually have more than 22c in the bank when i move for uni
So you're complaining about high taxes but helping to perpetuate them?

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:
what do you mean 'people like me'..you dont even fucking know me!I dont have much money by the time i put petrol in my car, my parents can support me, but im also not the only frigen person in the family to be supported! wake up to yourself!
Use public transport then. It works fine for me.

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
teehehe... his username is Liberal Scum..

you know what he is going to say before he says it.

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
Liberal Scum said:
Use public transport then. It works fine for me.
NOTE: you also have to pay for that smartarse;)i would prefer not to use it..and you would understand why i cant if you knew where i lived..the only buses here, are school buses that go no further than to and from school. and i am not catching a bus or a taxi..to canberra each day..because it is 2 and a half hours away!anything else you would like to say to me?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
pRiNCesS..!! said:
NOTE: you also have to pay for that smartarse;)i would prefer not to use it..and you would understand why i cant if you knew where i lived..the only buses here, are school buses that go no further than to and from school. and i am not catching a bus or a taxi..to canberra each day..because it is 2 and a half hours away!anything else you would like to say to me?
. .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)