Certificate 1 in Animal Studies (1 Viewer)

Dan_M

HSC
I'm starting my TAFE course on Monday and I'm very nervous and would like some questions to be answered by people who have done the animal studies course.

Do I need to bring a bag ? or are there lockers provided ?

Do i need to get my TAFE ID Card before i go my first lesson ?

How are we taught everything ? movies? books? PowerPoint?

How did your first day go ?

Well if anyone could answer those questions or give me some pointers it would be appreciated.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Depends on the particular TAFE and your particular teachers in terms of teaching methods. Don't necessarily need TAFE ID card on your first day - it's important for borrowing books, attending exams etc later down the track. Out of the three TAFEs (across two different institutes) that I have gone to, none provided lockers, so yes bring a bag and maybe a folder as they can be overly handout happy. You should have a range of people (i.e. ages) in your class unless you are doing it specifically as part of Year 12, then you would normally have a dedicated TVET class. Being only a cert I, they don't expect miracles from anyone. First day will be a fair bit of paperwork, showing you where the emergency exits are, who to contact in case of XYZ, signing that you have received unit & course outlines and you know how you will be assessed, etc. Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)