champions leaue final predicted lineups (1 Viewer)

HSC
This is my guess of how man utd would start against barcelona:

barcelona's lineup? wouldn't know since nearly their entire 1st choice defenders are injured/suspended for final.

_____________tevez
_______ronaldo
___rooney________park
____anderson__carrick
evra__vidic__ferdinand__o’shea
______van der sar

subs: kuszczak, berbatov, giggs, nani, scholes, rafael, evans

when winning/drawing. likely subs to come on: giggs, nani, scholes
when losing, likely subs to come on: berbatov, giggs, nani/scholes/rafael

likely players to be subbed: anderson, tevez, o'shea, park

Your thoughts?

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i hope they line up like this:

--------------van der sar
o'shea; vidic; ferdinand; evra
---------anderson; carrick
-----------------giggs
------ronaldo;------------rooney
-----------tevez/berbatov

it'd be domination.

Last edited:

u-borat

Banned
HSC
im guessing barca's defence will line up something like sylvinho/pique/toure/puyol
no idea tbh

rest of their team should be as per norm-xavi/iniesta/keita/messi/etoo/henry

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
barcelona's line up would be:

valdes
TBA;TBA;TBA;TBA
xavi; TBA; iniesta
messi; eto'o; TBA

u-borat

Banned
HSC
henry
puyol
pique
toure

are guaranteed 4 of those 6 places

Mozza91

HSC
Van Der Sar-GK
O'Shea-RB
Ferdinand-CB
Vidic-CB
Evra-LB
Carrick-CM
Ronaldo-RM
Giggs-LM
Rooney-CF
Berbatov-LS
Tevez-RS

Last edited:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
henry
puyol
pique
toure

are guaranteed 4 of those 6 places
yeah, i was just highlighting the extent of barca's injuries/suspensions. that being said, dani alves will start too.

at present henry is injured. bojan could fill in if henry doesnt make it, though i wouldn't be surprised if they shifted iniesta upfront.

do you play seydou or do you play toure? (or both if henry is injured and iniesta moves forward) .. rah rah rah yawn yawn yawn.

HSC
valdes
puyol touré piqué sylvinho
xavi busquets iniesta
messi eto'o henry

that's if all goes well. henry is in a race for fitness. he's missing the copa del rey final and three league games. the lack of confidence in cáceres, coupled with toure's decent performance as a centre-back against chelsea is why i would put my money on him being in defence. i'm assuming busquets, who kept toure out of the team earlier this season will take his place in the midfield. that being said, keita is a lot more experienced and this is a massive game, so the odds of either being picked are comparable to a coin toss. alves is suspended for the final which means that puyol will probably slot into right-back, and, of course, sylvinho will most likely take the place of abidal. the rest of the team will be as normal, assuming there are no injuries sustained in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
HSC
valdes
caceres pique puyol sylvinho
xavi toure iniesta
messi eto'o henry

if henry is out- hleb/gudjohnson/busquets

u-borat

Banned
HSC
groucho's team is the one i picked, cept with keita.

busquets really didn't impress against chelsea and i tihnk keita's more phsycial naure and experience will give him the edge.

HSC
oh ok, so alves is out, my bad.

what do you think will happen if henry is injured?
iniesta will be pushed up into his position and one of busquets or keita (whoever isn't already in the team) will come in.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Where's everyone? I thought the fact that United lost there'll be heaps of people trolling already.

Congrats to Barca. The better team won on the day. We lost it in midfield, no doubt about it. When we needed our midfield to play out of their skins they failed, and I was especially disappointed in Carrick. He gave away the first goal, which turned the game in favour of Barca. From then on, Barca controlled possession and there was no way back for us. No doubt I'm disappointed, but I can look back on this as a season of satisfaction, because we won the league ahead of Liverpool.

Historic moment for Barcelona. Historic moment for Guardiola. What a story. To me, Guardiola is the real reason behind their success. Once again, congrats to Barca.

PS. David Basheer is shite.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
That he is. I watched on ESPN which was tolerate. Rae is excellent but Symth is woeful, it evens out I guess.

The match was won by the stunning performances of Xavi and Inestia in midfield. I can barely think of a time when they resorted to lifting the ball off the deck. In comparison, Vidic and Carrick were awful and tried route one at the earliest available opportunity.

I agree Guardiola has been a big component about their success, but it really lies in the two I mentioned, more so than either he or Messi. They are without doubt the best side in the world. I can't recall the last time Utd looked so helpless in a big match. They simply had no answer because they had no meaningful possession.

They have averaged over three goals per game this season. They are a joy to watch.

Roy9

HSC
I only tolerated Basheer because the picture was in HD. I would've deffo watched it on ESPN if the picture quality wasn't shite

Damnit, I was certain Ronaldo was going to get himself set off late in that second half. Ah well, Xavi + Iniesta + Messi all had blinders

Charizard

HSC
Not much to troll, Man utd were completely outclassed.

I spoke to some manchester fans the other day and they were talking it up, how if they win they are the best team of all time, how great itd be, how they were definitely gonna win.

Spoke to them today and they all acted like they didnt care. BUT WE WON THE LEAGUE. yeah well 5 or 6 teams in the major european leagues win the league, but only one wins the champs league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)