chance for CSSA? (1 Viewer)

Magiccarpet

HSC
Hey everyone;

so basically for the past internal assessments i didn't get the marks i was hoping to get (they weren't THAT bad, just ranking-wise due to a very strong cohort) but my school's pretty up there when it comes to bio.
So i was just thinking, if i get a pretty good mark for the Catholic trials soon (they're the last assessed trials- eep!) do you reckon it would push my rank up a bit and hopefully get me a band 6?
i'm about 30th in a cohort of about 100 and something, and every year on average the top 40 usually gets a band 6- but this could change.

advice and tips greatly appreciated!
:)

bedpotato

HSC
Your rank isn't bad. And as you said there's a very strong cohort, so your chances of band 6 are looking good, but obviously if your rank increases you'll have a better shot at band 6, and maybe mid band 6, rather than just scraping a band 6. So, definitely. If you do well and your rank is high for cssa, your overall rank will increase also. Aim for about...at least top 20 (obviously it wouldn't hurt to do better) for this trial. GL!

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
To have 100 people doing BIO is crazy. I had a class of 30 in my cohort LOL.
It sounds like your year is strong so I wouldn't worry too much.
But as bedpotato say aiming higher won't hurt you but ultimately it comes down to the HSC exam- as long as you perform as high as you do internally than you will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)