chance of getting early acceptance into university lmao (1 Viewer)

matt flyn

HSC
like whats the chance, i only want to do a 60 atar course. (information technology)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
like whats the chance, i only want to do a 60 atar course. (information technology)
Go for it and apply honestly!! Given your marks reflect the entry requirement, then I would say you have a pretty high chance of getting in.

Good luck!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Well CSU's Bachelor of Information Technology requires a 55 selection rank.

In terms of early entry, CSU assesses your year 11 results and your soft skills.

In terms of a regular application, if you're completing high school in a regional area, you automatically receive 5 bonus points.

Definitely possible in my opinion :)

matt flyn

HSC
Go for it and apply honestly!! Given your marks reflect the entry requirement, then I would say you have a pretty high chance of getting in.

Good luck!
yeah but nah my marks dont really reflect an a 60 atar

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
I think that would just have been like a 'guarantee' sort of thing - I know someone who had marks of around 90 and still got accepted for MQ's early offer of commerce and law which has a guaranteed ATAR of 97. Early offers for some universities, in particular, tend to be quite lienient because they after all know that students are more capable than just their marks.

Just apply and give it a go honestly, you've got nothing to lose! I think you'll get in.

matt flyn

HSC

Good luck!

matt flyn

HSC
I think that would just have been like a 'guarantee' sort of thing - I know someone who had marks of around 90 and still got accepted for MQ's early offer of commerce and law which has a guaranteed ATAR of 97. Early offers for some universities, in particular, tend to be quite lienient because they after all know that students are more capable than just their marks.

Just apply and give it a go honestly, you've got nothing to lose! I think you'll get in.
yeah but nah my marks arent really there sort of...i got

95% on engo
80% for adv math
40% for eng
50% for d&t
25% for sdd
20% for re
40% for ees
lol

matt flyn

HSC
considering i want to do it i should have tried harder for software lol

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe your Engineering and Advanced marks are high enough to compensate for your other marks. Your mark in Design and Technology is not way below what you need.

Don't forget that your soft skills are also assessed, so the emphasis on your marks is not as high as you think.

Soft skills are those personal attributes that will help you succeed at study – and life. Things like:
  • communication skills
  • resilience
  • empathy
  • motivation to create a world worth living in.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah but nah my marks arent really there sort of...i got

95% on engo
80% for adv math
40% for eng
50% for d&t
25% for sdd
20% for re
40% for ees
lol
It's fine honestly! I put your marks into an ATAR calculator, and the estimation was a 70 (Note: I didn't put 're' because I couldn't find that?). So it looks good for the early offer so far!

matt flyn

HSC
I believe your Engineering and Advanced marks are high enough to compensate for your other marks. Your mark in Design and Technology is not way below what you need.

Don't forget that your soft skills are also assessed, so the emphasis on your marks is not as high as you think.

Soft skills are those personal attributes that will help you succeed at study – and life. Things like:
  • communication skills
  • resilience
  • empathy
  • motivation to create a world worth living in.
so you still recon im
I think it means religious education could hint sor?
yeah sorry its sor 1 haha

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
btw im still in prelim haha
Oh yeah I know that 👍

CSU's early offer assesses your year 11 results, which you should try to work on so you can hopefully guarantee an offer into your chosen course. Your marks for Engineering and Maths Advanced are already pretty good :D

matt flyn

HSC
Oh yeah I know that 👍

CSU's early offer assesses your year 11 results, which you should try to work on so you can hopefully guarantee an offer into your chosen course. Your marks for Engineering and Maths Advanced are already pretty good :D
do they just look at your marks across the board because im not gonna get much better at eng and sor but you know, thats not really something you would need for IT or do they just look at the ones that would be relevant like engo, math, sdd?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)