Chance of offer in final rounds for med science? (1 Viewer)

riya03

HSC
So as the title says I was obviously confused about my preferences. I have gotten into med sci at USYD with a scholarship but now i want to do med sci at UNSW instead. What are my chances in the final round? I was made no offer in the late round as there were no vacancies.

I find it hard to believe that no one left the course since there are no vacancies. any chances of there being a vacancy and being offered a place?

thank you

riya03

HSC
Chances of a final round offer for med science?

So as the title says I was obviously confused about my preferences. I have gotten into med sci at USYD with a scholarship but now i want to do med sci at UNSW instead. What are my chances in the final round? I was made no offer in the late round as there were no vacancies.

I find it hard to believe that no one left the course since there are no vacancies. any chances of there being a vacancy and being offered a place?

thank you

riya03

HSC

thank you

HSC
Complexly irrelevant, but just wondering if you know what the cut off for Bachelor of Engineering/Masters of Biomedical Engineering was this year?

Dylanamali

HSC
zero chance. sorry,
It's one of top preferences aswell for late round and final round and i got 98.75 - 99.95 with bonus points.
By looking at the list there are no offers, and I asked UNSW and they said there will be no offers for med sci in final round.

riya03

HSC
it was a merit scholarship. are u sure there is zero chance?

Dylanamali

HSC
well what was your ATAR?
i think they offered 1 spot for med science in the late round, maybe they'll offer 1 more in the final round, but I'd assume you'd have to have a spectacular ATAR as quite a few high achievers would have that as a preference even if they aren't really considering it.

Btw what was the requirements for the merit scholarship?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
usually these unis always offer more than their quota since they always expect a certain number of people to reject. so even when many students reject offers, they wont have to deal with the headache of filling dozens of spots.
sometimes the policy goes horribly wrong though..

La Trobe spokesman Mark Pearce said the course had become more popular and an unexpectedly high number of students had accepted their offers to the dentistry course.
http://www.theage.com.au/national/e...error-a-kick-in-the-teeth-20120131-1qrbc.html

K

khorne

Awkward moment when you had months to consider your decision, then realised UNSW had graduate stream and decided you wanted that after the cut off date. gg m8

not responsible enuff to be a doctor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)