Chances for acceptance through feas? (1 Viewer)

coolkid96

HSC
2u math - 78
phys - 79
did shit in my hsc (clearly) for the relevant engineering subjects, atar of 83.85. So im eligible, but do i have a good chance of getting into my course (mechatronic eng and science (phys))

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
why not do BSc 82 atar and try for a transfer?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
You're fucked mate, UWS is waiting for you.

Calm down people, this is my mate irl

Roscosmos

HSC
I got into Mining through FEAS with an atar of 85, I think it'll probably come down to how you interviewed and your life outside of school. Assuming you talked to them and came off like a normal person and you do things outside of school that might involve responsibility or leadership then I'd say you have an ok chance at getting an offer. If I had to put it to a percentage I'd say maybe ~40% chance of getting an offer.

I also got 79 in maths and 80 in physics for the HSC, so fairly similar to you in that.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
2u math - 78
phys - 79
did shit in my hsc (clearly) for the relevant engineering subjects, atar of 83.85. So im eligible, but do i have a good chance of getting into my course (mechatronic eng and science (phys))
Just telling you now that majoring in physics is quite math heavy

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
l got in through FEAS, even though my ATAR was only 84.
every year around 500 people are called up for the interview, and ~100 are accepted. FEAS is not based on ATAR, it's on how suitable you are to do engineering at UNSW.
it largely depends on what subjects you're doing.
l took ext 1 maths, engineering studies, physics, chemistry and std english.
it also depends on your ranking/marks.
l was in the top 3 in each subject when they checked my report in the interview. l got band 5's in each subject.
about your results.. they're close to band 5. our physics results only differ by 3 marks.
what other subjects did you take? did you take ext 1 maths? if not, you most likely won't get in through FEAS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)