Chances of getting into primary education? :/ (1 Viewer)

Lemonlime

HSC
I got an ATAR of 69.35 and the course I want to study is B Arts with B Edu (Primary) at Macquarie Univeristy with cut-off 75.25. Should I still try? How popular and competitive is this course? My backup is my early offer from UWS, and I'm going to accept it, whilst hoping for the Macq course as well.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Always try, you never know.

Also, depending on the structure of the two, your studies at UWS may or may not qualify you for the MQ program so you may have to start from scratch even if you do transfer over. Also it'll be based on your HSC and university marks.

chelseado

HSC
If you do a diploma of arts at SIBT, you can get straight into arts edu and have the diploma count for your first year so basically you're already into macquarie when you go there. should be much easier than transferring.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Except you'll be paying a fuckload up front...

chelseado

HSC
its not on hex but you can get fee-help so your fees arent subsidised but you can still put off paying them until you are earning enough

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In which case, why not do the Non-Award course which means you can do it in 2 semesters (1 year) rather than 2, and actually do the subjects you'll want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)