change degree after 1 semester, can i apply through UAC? From comm/law to comm/media (1 Viewer)

jeann2014

HSC
Need clarification
Got mixed responses.
My ATAR is high enough but according to Internal transfer I haven't done enough uoc...
But i want to change for sem2 so i can get onto completing the degree
Thankyou :)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: change degree after 1 semester, can i apply through UAC? From comm/law to comm/me

yes you can

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: change degree after 1 semester, can i apply through UAC? From comm/law to comm/me

or u can do plain Commerce and transfer in 2nd year, still be able.to graduate on time

jeann2014

HSC

i would rather transfer now for peace of mind :)
will i get credit for the comm subjects i did this sem tho?

ROTUS

HSC

yes, im pretty sure you can transfer from comm/law to comm/media. I've called UAC and contacted student central, and they said this is possible, and can be achieved regardless of how you perform in your current subjects (i.e. only dependent on ATAR) This is because the offer date is 27th of June, which is only a couple days after exam period, thus they wont have results to even take into consideration (plus you need a year of tertiary education in order for them to look at WAM) I hope this is all right, cos im planning to switch as well! (I'm extremely hopefuly the aforementioned is possible, and it should be!)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad

yes, im pretty sure you can transfer from comm/law to comm/media. I've called UAC and contacted student central, and they said this is possible, and can be achieved regardless of how you perform in your current subjects (i.e. only dependent on ATAR) This is because the offer date is 27th of June, which is only a couple days after exam period, thus they wont have results to even take into consideration (plus you need a year of tertiary education in order for them to look at WAM) I hope this is all right, cos im planning to switch as well! (I'm extremely hopefuly the aforementioned is possible, and it should be!)
did u mean we do not need a 75 WAM to transfer from commlaw to commedia?

jeann2014

HSC

wow , are we in exactly the same position?? comm/law to comm/media? :)
so relieved with your news! and confirming you can do midyear entry for comm/media its under the same program code as so many other degrees!!

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad

wow , are we in exactly the same position?? comm/law to comm/media? :)
so relieved with your news! and confirming you can do midyear entry for comm/media its under the same program code as so many other degrees!!
im also one of those who are going to (or have) transferred from 4733 to 3559

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)