change in size, pattern and direction of investment (1 Viewer)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
can someone please help me wif this dot pt:

change in size, pattern and direction of investment (and its impact)

i know the dot pt for trade flow but both textbooks i use havent realli touch on it.

my understanding so far:

size - investment is 20% of the GDP, FDI is accounted for 2% even though a substantial increase (i lost the number for that, typin out of my head atm. :confused: )

pattern - FDI and portfolio both increased but portfolio expanded 3 times in the recent decade while the FDI slacked off after 1997

direction - 80% still go to OCEDs, 1% goes sub saharan Africa LDCs, now lots investment into China to take advantage of the rapid growth

that is about al i know :mad1:

thank u! :)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
wow! thx!! that was realli good summarised
juz asking one small pt,

i saw"internaional direct inestment" as investment by TNCs
so they r diff from FDI and portfolio?

o_O

gnrlies

HSC
mitsui said:
can someone please help me wif this dot pt:

change in size, pattern and direction of investment (and its impact)

i know the dot pt for trade flow but both textbooks i use havent realli touch on it.

my understanding so far:

size - investment is 20% of the GDP, FDI is accounted for 2% even though a substantial increase (i lost the number for that, typin out of my head atm. :confused: )

pattern - FDI and portfolio both increased but portfolio expanded 3 times in the recent decade while the FDI slacked off after 1997

direction - 80% still go to OCEDs, 1% goes sub saharan Africa LDCs, now lots investment into China to take advantage of the rapid growth

that is about al i know :mad1:

thank u! :)
That sounds pretty damn solid to me...

I dont know what you are worried about.

Dont waste your time with lots and lots of information, just remember what youve got there (*stats are really good) and youve got your ticket. The thing is that your not gonna get asked that question solely. At best it might come up in multi choice or as something you can voluntarily throw in as part of your extended response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)