Change Speech: "book launch"---watif ur rel.tx are like a photo and film????????????? (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I had a photo and film......and they're not books.
Am i suppose to kinda adapt them into books or say theyve been written down or smthng???????
All i did was ignored the word "book", treated it as "a launch for books and other txts" and in the speech i just called it a "collection of work".
What did u do 4 ppl in similar situation?

rushworld

HSC
I had a music clip (Through The Rain - Mariah Carey) I wanted to use, that had a lot of useful techniques in it about change, the butterflies, colours, the rain, etc. In the end I only did the lyrics of the song as I stuck to the "book" idea. I was kinda pissed off because of this, but oh well, my teacher did warn us about this.

I did have another text I could used, Michael Leunig's Fun Mask cartoon (Gwen Harwood Excel Study Guide) but I believe with the way I was going in the essay the song was the better choice.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
well u could acutalli put everything into a book....so with a video cliip u could have a CD in the book ........and the lyics printed in the book......with a video.....u could have included the video as part of the book.........same goes for internet websites etc.....

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
haha i wrote that the book contained information about the text i wrote about ...

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
That stupid question was freakin abiguous.....i mean, related texts should cover a whole range of areas......thats what THE BOS wanted right?...........like a variety of text types: film, cartoon, story, painting, photo,......not just all poems etc.
I hope they didn't mark me down......

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah the word *texts* by BOS standards means soemthing that represents meaning in various forms...hence a photograph is also as much of a text as a poem or as a video or as song lyrics.... they wont mark u done if u chose other mediums other than the written form....

^___^
HSC
hmm..
i did photos...there was this article on 20/7/03 by daily telegraph call "how the mighty fell" and its a sequence of 4 photos of the statue of Saddam Hussen falling...
i related it as it represent the change in the political shift in star wars and shit...

rushworld

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
well u could acutalli put everything into a book....so with a video cliip u could have a CD in the book ........and the lyics printed in the book......with a video.....u could have included the video as part of the book.........same goes for internet websites etc.....

ARGH! Where were you during the exam? LOL, That's a good idea... Oh well.

And I agree with you other guys, they were aiming for you to be different in the texts you chose (thats why I thought a music clip was a good idea), and it's stupid the way they asked the question.

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
yeah i just kinda manipulated it - i had a novel for one of my texts and a speech... i used the novel and just said that an "extract" from the novel was included in the book
yeh thats what I did, I had a film and a speech and I said for the film I had included an Extract of the screenplay and also gave visual techniques to elaborate the changes

mememe

I'm sure they didn't literally mean you could only have "books" at a book launch. It was a stupid choice of words, but then underneath they said use your TEXTS (not specifically books) so that should've let everyone know you could use anything.

Also, because i studied "My place" and you're meant to research a VARIETY of texts, i couldn't use another book anyway cos they would look down upon it as not wide research.

Besides, there is no book in the stimulus booklet, and you HAD to use something from that, therefore they mustn't literally mean book, cos you are allowed to use anything from that (poem, website, even a painting!)

bells

I just said that it was a launch for a "collection of texts" on the "representations of change".... it included a variety of different mediums of production/genres etc, and this shows that change manifests itself within all aspects of life.

lol whatever! it's over now...

captnbuttons

yeha i had a film as my related text and when i got to the end of it i realised... uh oh BOOK launch! But then you know what? I looked down at the prescribed texts and a few were films for change so don't sweat it guys if some people HAD to write about films etc for their prescribed then writing about it for related had to be okay! :0) the BOS just screwed up big time... lol what a suprise!!! hehe! :D

kAth

HSC
N/A
the "book launch"

The ironic thing is, my PRESCRIBED TEXT is a FILM!!!
Not a fricken book. Good on ya board of studies!

Cuties

I was thinking the same thing cause I had a film and a set of photos but I just wrote what I would normally write and made it out as if the book referred to other texts of change after they would have had the novels... Like a section for films that include change with summaries of them or something... I'm sure they would have made it so you could incorporate it otherwise they're just being MEAN!

kocean

i really don't think they thought it through......shouldve been "text launch". i just did it normally anyway but it did throw me off [and like everyone else it seems!!!]
geez the ppl who made the Q from BOS would sure do well in the exam wouldnt they - they can't even get the QUESTION right!

Belinda

O_o
HSC
It doesn't matter what your text is. Look at the wording of the instructions. You're asked to write a speech for the book launch. A speech suggest you don't have to solely concentrate on the question as you do an essay, it can be colloquial, anecdotal etc. So if you have a non written medium, you can always just "refer" to it in your speech, eg "In relation to [blah blah], I was at a video launch a few days ago, where I previewed a text that had a very similar theme [blah". Yes that sounds rather juvenile, but you get my point. With the medium of a speech you can stretch it.

And being the stupid person I am, I realised this AFTER I left the exam room. -_-

Noelle

I did chocolat as an additional text so i did a speech by the director...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)