changes in the chemical composition of the blood as it passes through the body (1 Viewer)

Ellie999

HSC
just a quick Q...do i need to be able to identify the pulmonary system and the systemic system in this syllabus dotpoint? whats the minimum stuff that i should know??

zingerburger

HSC
You should know the two systems and what the blood collects and loses as it flows through the vessels of each system e.g. gains oxygen from pulmonary system, loses it systemic and gains carbon dioxide.

Does that help?

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wiat but i thought you identify and explain the tissues in which these events occur not so much the system? like more specific?

body tissues, liver, lungs, intestine and kidney?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
oxygen: increases in lung, decreases everywhere else
waste (especially nitrogenous waste): decreases at kidney, increases everywhere else.
carbohydrate+other nutrient(this i'm not too sure with): increases in intestine, decreases everywhere else.

Ellie999

HSC
hmmm i know all the heart, liver, intestines and stuff like that, but teacher went through pulmonery and systemic circuits thoroughly and i didn't really understand it...so just wondered whether its a real necessity to mention those things as well....

beentherdunthat

HSC
Ellie999 said:
hmmm i know all the heart, liver, intestines and stuff like that, but teacher went through pulmonery and systemic circuits thoroughly and i didn't really understand it...so just wondered whether its a real necessity to mention those things as well....
You don't need to know them... coz they never ask you that DIRECTLY... you should know how the blood composition changes as it leaves from the heart goes to the organs and then returns with deoxygenated blood. This is a common question and usually they give you a diagram.

You should know the renal artery is joined to the kidney ofcourse...

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
lungs: obtain deoxygenated blood, high in nitrogenous wastes and lacking glucose and lipids and whatever im missing. Afterwards, the oxygen concentration is rejuvenated and hence decreasing CO2 concentrations.

body tissues: oxygen levels decrease as they travel as a result of aerobic cell respiration, by which CO2 is a by product of the process, hence increasing CO2 conc

liver: nitrogenous wastes decrease, suc htaht there from of ammonia is deaminated in to urea, which is ofa weaker less hazardous toxin. Also the concentrations of glucose and glycogen fluctuate at this spot depending on whether there is too much glucose or glycogen.

kidney: nitrogenous wastes are flushed away, hence blood content of this concentration decreases.

intestine: small or large intestine..someonetellme?: is wehre the blood content becomes enriched with glucose from dissolved foods and yeah?

if my info is lacking content, plz fill me in

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Endocrine glands: increase in hormones in blood
Stomach: more water in blood

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)