Changing courses/ quitting- how do I do it??? (1 Viewer)

x Linda x

Anyone know the process you have to go through to change courses @ TAFE?
Up until this afternoon, I was currently studying diploma business [marketing] & have found that it is not what i want to do, especially since i have outside commitments & the course & modules are too compressed with all the assessments!~ eesh!!

or even the process to go through to quit tafe??

if any1 could help me out, either if they have changed courses themself, or know of someone who has. or quit..etc???

I have questioned the TAFE via an online form, they gave me a call & recommended me to go to ultimo & discuss with them?????? what the??
I attend LIVERPOOL COLLEGE.........why would i need to go to ultimo just to change??

Any help, muchly appreciated! ;)

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
x Linda x said:
Anyone know the process you have to go through to change courses @ TAFE?
Up until this afternoon, I was currently studying diploma business [marketing] & have found that it is not what i want to do, especially since i have outside commitments & the course & modules are too compressed with all the assessments!~ eesh!!
There's a form called a "Course to Course Transfer Form", depending how you signed up you might have issues getting into another diploma level course. Also it is getting pretty late into the semester.

x Linda x said:
or even the process to go through to quit tafe??
Stop turning up. Or if you are nice call them and let them know.

x Linda x said:
if any1 could help me out, either if they have changed courses themself, or know of someone who has. or quit..etc???
I work at a TAFE does that count?

Also note if you are receiving benefits your decision to change courses may affect the payments, and dropping out altogether most definitely will.

funniboi

HSC
yeap, thats true.

if you have an exemption on tafe fee's (i.e; centerlink payed for you)
you would most likely have to pay them back for quitting.

my advice is, just don't show up anymore.. and fail the course. :)

x Linda x

Thanks for the advice everyone! :cool:

I think i'll be nice, give them a call today & let them know my decision. I would rather just change courses & maybe go to another campus rather then quit TAFE all together...thinking about doing Business Admin....[which will lead me to my next thread...]

Funniboi - i see you are doing the same course as i, do you find it stressful & too compressed, cos that's exactly where i'm coming from with my reason for changing. I mean, the course is interesting, but there is too much to know in too litte time, i would rather do my hsc 5 times again then this course lmao.

funniboi

HSC
yes. it's fucken crazy this course.

i've failed 3 exams, which i have to redo and i hav eto get 100% in order to get 50% ..
which i havn't even done, and it's due tomorrow (wednesday)
i've got 3 assessments comming up + 1 case study to do.
+ 2 or more external exams comming up
and another 4 assessments after that to do.

i'm planning to drop out after this semester anyway.

lol , comparing this to the hsc, the hsc is nothing. i see what you mean! rofl
but yeah, i dont think i'd ever go back to high school. :s lol
goodluck in your transfer/quitting :)

i was initially ment to goto livo, we coulda been in the same class. lol
but i got an offer at ultimo.
:/ oh well.

x Linda x

funniboi said:
yes. it's fucken crazy this course.

i've failed 3 exams, which i have to redo and i hav eto get 100% in order to get 50% ..
which i havn't even done, and it's due tomorrow (wednesday)
i've got 3 assessments comming up + 1 case study to do.
+ 2 or more external exams comming up
and another 4 assessments after that to do.

i'm planning to drop out after this semester anyway.

lol , comparing this to the hsc, the hsc is nothing. i see what you mean! rofl
but yeah, i dont think i'd ever go back to high school. :s lol
goodluck in your transfer/quitting :)

i was initially ment to goto livo, we coulda been in the same class. lol
but i got an offer at ultimo.
:/ oh well.
HALLE- FREAKING -LUJAH!
Someone who finally shares my pain with this fkn course!!!! grrr :mad:
As soon as we got all those assessments i was packing shit, SO STRESSED bout everthing, n i'm usally a really calm person so people around me thought i should go see a doctor or a shrink LMAO!

Ahh, i called up Livo TAFE yesterday, & they informed me that it was too late to transfer to another course this late in the yr [apparently, u can only do it within the first 3 months- well thanks for telling me now!!!! :chainsaw: grrr] lol
So i told her that i'd like to change campuses also & she's like 'you would have to completely enrol & pay again for that other course'...so i'm like fk it.... now i'm looking for another job to keep me busy, i mean i already work 3-4/5 weekn ights @ Ninewest QVB, do modelling most weekends & also have to attend castings/ fittings which are ALWAYS during TAFE, hence why i'm never there & prob failing miserably already! lol. But i'm lucky i look innocent, i always got away with never showing up or not doing assessments hehe. So on top of all that i had TAFE aswell, not just class presentations [glad THAT'S over!], but sitloads of asssessments & exams which we kept being told to study for but since th HSC is over, i vowed never to study again lmao!
So now u can see why i nearly hyperventilated when it can to the shitload of work we were expected to do in ridiculously short time!

Atleast now i won't have to worry about all this TAFE bullshit & get on with my life, hopefully scoring this office job on the side.

Now i'm stuck with this damn "Marketing a 2nd Aproach- 5th edition" textbook bullshit. Is there anywhere i can sell it?? Seeing as though i never really studied, i didn't even use it & it's in mint condition still. I'm willing to sell it for about $70, purchase price was $85 BARGAIN! LMAO

Funniboi- i'm a bit confused?? r u a guy or girl, cos ur nickname has 'boi' in it, but in ur av there is a girl innit?? lol sorry for my ignorance.

Good fucking luck with the course anyway!! It would have been cool if we were in the same class, we could have understood eachothers pain then lmao!!
;) :p

Last edited:

funniboi

HSC
lol
linda, i'm a guy, the girl in my av is some random person i came across whilst on the internet. :p

anyway, LOL I SEE YOU BOUGHT THE TEXT BOOK! LOL! LOL! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

i never bought nothing, thank god for that! LOL!
oh man, taechers hasseled me to buy it, but i enver did.

i havnt been to tafe for about 2 weeks now.
oh well. im slowly dropping out.
on the first day at tafe they gave me a booklet and said, those are ur assignments, do it.
lol it was so much diff from high school.

they dont tell u how to do it
just tell you to do it.

anyway, linda you do modelling? wow
i went to some fashion shit last night at the rocks.
was you tehre?

are you from around liverpool ? working at qvb is far.. lol
btw, can you try to hook me up with a job?

haha, yeah i wish i went to livo, it'd be so much easier to get there.
and i have no1 to share my pain with at ultimo.. seeing as every1 else in my class is so dedicated. (sighs) anyways, add me to msn, we better keep personal talk out of this thread :s

i want u tooooo hoooooooooook me upw ith some jobs please :) thanks
i need to work and not stay home and net. lol
email is - funni_boi@hotmail.com :) add add add :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)