• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Changing courses (1 Viewer)

shane_86

HSC
hey so say i got above credit average for the units i did in the first semester of my first yr does that mean i can transfer to my first preference for the second semester or do i have to do a full yr b4 u can transfer.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You could try to transfer mid year, but most of uws subjects run either in autumn or spring. So its best to do a full year of uni and try and maintain an above credit average.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
And what would be the point if you had an above credit average and transfering internally. Plus, you don't have to pay anything to transfer internally :p

oh i forgot to add, your guaranteed a spot if you transfer internally, externally you have to compete with everyone else.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
You need to apply 2 weeks before the teaching session commences, they may not be able to allow you to enter your course for reasons including that the course is full at that time and/or you cannot commence mid-year because you haven't fulfilled the prerequisite units. However, being a multi-campus university, chances are another campus will allow you to start mid semester and there is room.

shane_86

HSC
thats bullshit cos i have a mate that transfered from arts to exercise science and he only had 3 credits and a pass

shane_86

HSC
This mate goes to western sydney and does exercise science at campbelltown

shane_86

HSC
that above credit rating thing isnt that just a requirement for the guarenteed internal tranfer program surely there must be alternate ways to tranfer to different courses.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The above credit average will guarantee you a spot in the course that you want. The only other way to transfer is through UAC and even then its not guaranteed that you will get into the course. Its just better to get above credit average and guarantee you the spot - and its not that hard to achieve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)