• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Changing Engineering Major (1 Viewer)

zeal

HSC
Hi, I'm currently doing B Eng B Bus and I was hoping to do Software as the major for the Engineering component, but my UAI is lower than the cutoff. I was under the impression this would still be ok, since I'm a inpUTS student, but I was told today at enrolment that my UAI had to be over the cutoff for software.

So basically right now I'm doing Computer Systems as the major instead of Software, and made the subjects for the first two semesters exactly the same as if I had chosen Software. I still want to do Software, so what will I need to do to and what marks will I need to transfer from Computer Systems to Software ? I won't need to go through UAC will I? Since B Eng B Bus is listed by UAC without the major anyway.

Also, does anyone have the Engineering Faculty's program director's email, phone number, or even his name for that matter?

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Just get a credit average after first semester and u'll be fine.
Or maybe u can just fill out an internal course transfer form and write an explaination why u want to do software engineering instead.

If u are successful, UTS will post u an email in Spring.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Computer Systems is relatively similar to Software, after gathered a credit average you could transfer.

zeal

HSC
Ok, thanks for that, I guess I'll have to work extra hard this upcoming semester then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)