changing maths from 2u 2 general help (1 Viewer)

supraz

HSC
i do 2 unit maths n am finding it very difficult now n want 2 change 2 general maths but my parents r really strict. any ideas on how 2 convince them? if i tell them i cant do it they just say ur not trying hard enough even though i am trying my best. any ideas???????

thanks

jazzbaby

HSC
i dropped from 2 U to general
i didnt really have to convince my parents to let me drop down

but just tell em how it is
tell em that you genuinely have been trying hard etc etc and believe thast this is the best choice
and its stressing you out and give them the whole " you are my parents your meant to understand and support my decisions" etc
lol
im not much help
but oh well
good luck :)

supraz

HSC
but b4 i drop i wanna kno dat if i do will i still be able 2 do a information technology course at sydney uni as it says assumed knowledge HSC Mathematics Extension 1 so will i still be able 2 do dat. if i do general can i still do this?

jazzbaby

HSC
im not sure??
maybe theres like a bridging course you can do

SimonLee13

HSC
supraz said:
but b4 i drop i wanna kno dat if i do will i still be able 2 do a information technology course at sydney uni as it says assumed knowledge HSC Mathematics Extension 1 so will i still be able 2 do dat. if i do general can i still do this?
Maybe you should change your course if Maths Ext 1 is assumed yet Adv Maths is too difficult for you?

lolman12567

HSC
SimonLee13 said:
Maybe you should change your course if Maths Ext 1 is assumed yet Adv Maths is too difficult for you?
^^
although if you get the UAI required you will still be able to do the course.

HSC
i did the same thing, and it was the best move ive ever made.
and i want to work in the medical field. but in my case, i can take tafe courses and other uni courses and just work my way up gradually. i dunno bout other careers, but im sure its possible every where else.

you shouldn't risk a bad mark at math for ur HSC. u probably wanna have as less stress as possible for that. so taking a subject u find difficult into it, is silly.

If you that desperatly need 2U for ur career path, find a tutor, or ask one of the teachers to help u out during lunch or something.

I hope i could help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)