changing schools? (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
LottoX said:
VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY HARD.

If not impossible.
What he said.

princesskt

HSC
like i said, i dont want to get into details atm.. lol. just want to no wat ppl think first and if there is anyone who did change schools...

G

gaoOO

princesskt said:
like i said, i dont want to get into details atm.. lol. just want to no wat ppl think first and if there is anyone who did change schools...
i seriously don't suggest attempting it. assessments screw up badly and it doesn't help you at all. plus, different schools may offer different subjects, do topics in different orders etc.

i don't know anyone who has switched during year 12. Between 10 and 11 is the more common time.

Affinity

HSC
It's not that bad..
there would be alot of paper work though..
why bother

-pari-

HSC
N/A
my dad's suggested it ...i ruled it out

i highly...(repeat word x10) recommend you dont do it.

differen schools will be up to different parts of the course
they would have had a different number of assesments - perhaps with different weightings...and you really dont want your marks being played around with.

plus all the additional stresses -catching up, adjusting to different styles of teaching, the school routine, social circles

its seriously not worth it.

if your having trouble with teachers etc i suggest getting tuition

princesskt

HSC
yea i figured it wouldnt be easy hey.. there are problems at my school and they affected my marks this yr for prelim n all.. so i was thinking of getting a tutor and if the problems keep occurring id bring it to the skul. its just my parents suggested going to a new school but yea. they dont quite understand bout HSC and all..

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Of course it can be done, if certain situations arise my school expected people in term 2 of HSC however it isn't the most ideal situation, especially in terms of your subjects. First you need to find a school that allows you to do all the subjects you currently do then the problem could be they do different option topics so that can make it hard, different assessments\assessment marking etc.

I would only do it if you absolutely have to and if you are willing to put in the extra work to catch up, which you no doubt will have to then it's up to you.

Megson

HSC
I changed school in year 11, which is a bit different.
However, it made a big difference to the way I was feeling, and far from being stressful, it has been the best decision. I had to put in work to catch up but it wasn't much of a sacrifice.
Having said that, if the move is not successful and the school is no better, then that is going to cause alot of stress.
But to me...if you willing to put in the hard yards to work your way through it, and the subjects all work out, then I think you could do it.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Extremely hard.

Imagine having to deal with the new surroundings, new teachers, cliques, etc as well as keeping up with your subjects. Not impossible, but bloody difficult.

princesskt

HSC
hey its not that bad.. ive decided i am. i know my maths teacher, ancient history teacher and studies of religion teacher plus a few more. i hav to take up SoR coz im only doing 10 units. but with biology and ancient im up to date. maths is alright coz i was ahead anyway. english is the only problem. but changing schools is the only thing i can do. i cant go back to the other school. sure theres the whole new surroundings, not knowing anyone.. but like i said, i know some of the teachers fairly well. and i never fitted in at the other school anyway. plus i wont be the only new person there when i start..

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
dont change at alll..
but if you do.
WHY CHANGE JUST ONCE!
change 3 times and woo hoo! BROADWAY SCHEME!
haha... oh god. im just advocating something bad and immoral...[not bad if u honestly deserve the marks, but bad if u commit such actions to get access to ze scheme..]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)