Changing schools. (2 Viewers)

HSC
Is it too late to change schools this year?

As in, starting year 12?

My tutor suggested changing schools for me - seeing as the average mark for
a majority of my subjects was about <40 percent.

Would it be unfavourable?

HSC
How would changing schools help to increase your marks?

HSC
Better teaching.
I think the fact that everyone got about
7/75 in a test shows how poor the teaching is.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
you go to chhs yeah? i moved to a new school in yr 10. i think only like ~10-15 people get over 90 a year at chhs [compared to over 50 at cherrybrook], but if you think youy're going to do well then then you shouldnt change. but if you think you need an extra boost i suggest moving schools (try cherrybrook or chelto girls)

its not only better teaching but how well your cohort does that can boost up yr grade. idk the exact mechanics but

Last edited:

genril

Banned
HSC
Perhaps your entire cohort is just stupid?

HSC
Oh you meant the average mark of the entire year was <40%? o_O

Perhaps it is worth considering, though I can't imagine doing it at such a late stage...

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
m.incognito said:
Better teaching.
I think the fact that everyone got about
7/75 in a test shows how poor the teaching is.
Not exactly

the teaching in private schools for example is not measurably better than in public schools on average :D

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
yeah but i couldn't imagine her doing any worse than her current school. And a whole year can make all the difference. Hence, OP should change schools ASAP!!!!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
can you change ? o_O
i thought they closed it off after year 10 , so that you always do your final senior years at the same school. maybe thats just for selective schools though.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Maybe your exams are just REALLY hard? I mean some schools set really difficult exams and if you're one of those schools I've heard that 30-40% is actually extremely good. Well that's what my tutor teacher said.

Try ask your tutor teachers to look at your exams and get their opinion on the exam and the results. Or even post up exams and let us give us your opinion.

Moving schools would probably be a bit hard though with all the changes and stuff. I really would not advise that you do but it's your choice. :)

HSC
A High Way Man said:
you go to chhs yeah? i moved to a new school in yr 10. i think only like ~10-15 people get over 90 a year at chhs [compared to over 50 at cherrybrook], but if you think youy're going to do well then then you shouldnt change. but if you think you need an extra boost i suggest moving schools (try cherrybrook or chelto girls)

its not only better teaching but how well your cohort does that can boost up yr grade. idk the exact mechanics but
you used to go to CHHS? :) thanks, but seriously, my school is such a piece of crap. the average for a lot of exams was around 40%, if not less, for chemistry in the prelims it was 9%.

the entire school is shit-dumb, so I reckon it'd be better if I went to pretty much any other school. At this stage, selective schools don't accept any more applicants [clearly] . . . anyone have any ideas of good private/public schools?

Try ask your tutor teachers to look at your exams and get their opinion on the exam and the results. Or even post up exams and let us give us your opinion.
see, that's the problem. the teachers don't give a shit, they get paid either way.
I think it's a real indication of how dumb everyone is, where the highest mark for a
shit easy subject like biology was 68 %.

Yeah, I agree with RabbitRabbit, if I'm already in a hillbilly environment, changing schools can only
be a good thing. Ranking doesn't really matter if I'm going to get dragged down anyway, does it?

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
i personally dont think its too late to change schools... she is only changing schools, not subjects. the only problem is that subjects may clash cos of lines. if u change, i would change very early in the term so that u dont miss a whole topic if u changed next yr (some people did that... missed an entire module cos the two schools did it in a different order).

nandayo

ismist
HSC
m.incognito said:
Ranking doesn't really matter if I'm going to get dragged down anyway, does it?
It still matters. If you recieve the highest internal mark (which you definitely could considering a chemistry average of 9%) then you will recieve the highest HSC exam mark (which would probably be yours) so you wouldn't really be adversely affected by the results of your peers (assuming you top all your subjects).

However, I reckon if you're feeling like you could be learning more - and you're not happy, by all means move.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
As many people said, if u top every subject, it wont screw you over that much. And it takes abit of time settling into a new school, sometimes it might screw your results. If you have crapass teachers....by all means move. A good teacher can make a boring subject intersting. :)

kooltrainer

HSC
i think that u cant change schools anymore after year 10.. but if ur school is really that crap, i think u shuld change.. newspaper said selective schools get extra marks because students in selective skool r more competitive and it would not be fair for 2 students to hav same mark if they're both rank 10 in different schools

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Are you sure the dismal results reflect the teaching standard and not the utter stupidity of the rest of your grade?

I wouldn't recommend changing schools at this point unless you've already got a particular one in mind and think you can make the transition quick-smart. If it's going to cause too much drama and interference with your first term you're better off just sticking where you are.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Do you really want to be spending the last year of high school without your friends you've known for 5 or so years?

HSC
Yeah that's true. :confused:
I don't know. It's just a really shotty feeling seeing how poorly everyone is doing.

Are you sure the dismal results reflect the teaching standard and not the utter stupidity of the rest of your grade?
Both makes it twice as bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)