Changing Self related material (1 Viewer)

chanfky

Does ANYONE have any good changing self related material? Preferably short stories.
I have a feature article by Hugh Mackay and a movie "Billy Elliot"

Thx for any help!!!
:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

Marianna

from my change journal....

poem - "all the world's a stage" -- As You Like It William Shakespeare

TV Prog: Secret Life of Us Particularly the episode where Alex has the abortion lots of stuff there

Novel: Looking For Alibrandi --> could do better there not the best dense novel around

Short Story: parable Jesus and Zacchaeus --> Go CATHOTLIC STUDIES

Magazine Article: 300 Kids Nine Weeks One American Summer Camp....The Sun Herald SUnday LIfe by David Cornish 28/04/02

Play: Educating Rita by Willy Russell or Whats the Matter with Mary Jane by Wendy Harmer... both really short

Song: The Times they are a Changin' Bob Dylan

Webiste: www.wchm.org.au/emotion_4.htm website about creating change through yoga... quite good

Newspaper Article: After Rome 2000, a 'leap of faith' by Marilyn Kerjean The Catholic Weekly June 9 2002

email or PM if you want me to explain any of them or send you a copy of the articles

roo

HSC
you could to the movie pleastantville or the play taming of the shrew by shakespeare.. or maybe 10 things i hate about u.. or bridget jones' diary.. i used some them in a thesis we had to do about change, not relating to our prescribed texts.

we did harwood and i realised that the above texts didn't really relate to harwood much. so i did the song cats in the cradle by ugly kid joe and a newspaper article on women being botoxed. :)

Mia

HEY MARI ANNA
IM DOING THE SEVEN STAGES OF MAN, ONLY IM VERY ONSURE WEATHER I HAVE THE RIGHT GRASP ON IT
WOULD YOU IND EXPLAINING TO ME HOW YOU APPROACHED IT
I BASICALLY SAID THAT JAQUES PROVES THE INFANT CHANGE THAT CONFRONT INTERVIDUALS.

manly girl

Away is a good short play though.
You will need to read it twice though, you come out of it the first time going "what the fark!?"

lane

There is a really good song by fiona apple 'the child is gone' plus reades digest magazine has great aricles every month ,

angel_kate

Remember NOT to use a text that is on the english syllabus! It wont impress the markers!!!
Better you find out now than after the exam or when you get the results back :)

Jellymonsta

what about two texts from the same module? ie Away and My Place.
would that impress markers with my Conscientious behaviour, or would it irritate them because i went to no effort looking for related material?

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
mine are Girl Interrupted and Father and Son by Cat stevens. i really couldn't be bothered getting better ones

yes yes i know they are crap

but they are quick to learn and easy.

just the way i like it

angel_kate

what about two texts from the same module? ie Away and My Place. would that impress markers with my Conscientious behaviour, or would it irritate them because i went to no effort looking for related material?
actually, jellymonsta, i think ur second guess is closer to the mark, no offence. oh well, theres not much u can do now, just go along with it and make sure u make them sound damn good! lol!

funkydish

how many related texts should we use in the essay?

would they say a minimum of 3?

i can't be bothered memorising the other 3 i have coz they're kinda long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)