Changing subject at the start of Year 11? (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i do both bio and geo and really, both are a big memory course, year 11 geo is decent, but year 12 geo is actually a lot better, and biois fantastic. But seeing as you have 3 sciences i'd say do geo, cause it is a lot different to year 7-10 geo in 12, year 11 some of it is recap but it is other wise good. But both are MEMORY based, geo has a lot of content to remember, geo has 3 main topics
-Ecosystems at Risk: case study of 2 ecosystems
-Urban Places: Mega Cities, World Cities & Urban Dynamics (2 case studies for Urban Dynamics)
-People Places and Economic Activity; consists again of 2 case studies
So geo really has 8 topics to remember + geography skills (year 7-10 stuff like graphs etc.)
You have a multiple choice section, short answer question and 3 essays to do.

Bio:
-Maintaining a Balance
-Blueprint of Life
-Search for Better Health
- Option
Multiple choice, short answer and long answer (but no essays)

[that is info on the year 12 courses, the year 11 courses are somewhat dull but interesting]

i like both, but i really depends on you. My advice would be to look at the syllabuses and decide which sounds more interesting.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
ST2010 said:
Hi everyone im new here,

I just want to know urgently, if you can change your hsc subject selections at the beginning of this school year, I am year 10 turning year 11 this year and we made our choices before but now i changed my mind and want to change one subject.. hopefully from engineers to business studies
People changed after a few weeks in at my school, it should be fine in most schools.

HSC
h3ll h0und said:
im having the same problem....i mite change from biology to economics ... but im not sure..... do u need to put in more effort into biology or economics to get a good result?
bios good...keep it :)

i changed from chem to legal after 5 lessons of chem. best move ever :D

h3ll h0und

HSC
it depends on wat u wud like to do....do u want to study organisms their features and the factors that affect their life and env etc etc or do u wanna study features of the land and how ppl live there. use it etc etc and topics such as that....(dun no bout geo much soz). but all in all its up to u

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely do not choose a subject simply based on scaling though :D. Pick which one if your favourite and go with it...

LiveUrLife93

HSC
i had sorta the same problem i reconsidered taking bio and yeh changed it to physics...although more work itl b better off for med n also it scales better. I just emailed the co-ordinator and yeh he said it was fine. You still have time to change so dont worry but yeh dont leave it too late either.

As for your subjects do the one u think ur gna enjoy more and the one that will benefit u most in the future if u have decided on a career path. Try it out n then make up your mind :)

nickrox1992

HSC
i also am having a dilema...
After choosing my subjects in year 10, i have now decided that i want to pursue a life in I.t, however the only I.t subject that was running was ITvet.; One of my mates is doing software design and develpoment by correspondance. He is the only one.

I now want to do it as well. Do you rekon they will let me? or is it to late since it is being done by correspondance,

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
i also am having a dilema...
After choosing my subjects in year 10, i have now decided that i want to pursue a life in I.t, however the only I.t subject that was running was ITvet.; One of my mates is doing software design and develpoment by correspondance. He is the only one.

I now want to do it as well. Do you rekon they will let me? or is it to late since it is being done by correspondance,
Only one way to find out!

Air Jordan

HSC
bisecting a frog or whatever.... joyyy!
ugghhh

camping/hiking n that crap isnt my thing... 3 sciences is guna get hard tho. esp with 3u maths.

i like chem n phys.. just not bio

scared of doin just 12u tho in case i stuff up or something.
Even if you stuff up one subject, you should be fine since its your top 10 units that counts

N

NeoSanity

I really made a mistake choosing Visual Arts :(. I quite like it and have done it since year 7-10 but after alot of thought have decided i NEED to drop it.. it seems far to independent for me in year 11 and 12.. I like it and when given a basic structure will make awesome artwork, but being told to go off and make a major work i couldn't cope :(.

Hoping my school will let me change.. but im pretty sure none of the subjects in the same line appealed.. and can't contact the school till Wednesday when the teachers go back.. gaaah.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I really made a mistake choosing Visual Arts :(. I quite like it and have done it since year 7-10 but after alot of thought have decided i NEED to drop it.. it seems far to independent for me in year 11 and 12.. I like it and when given a basic structure will make awesome artwork, but being told to go off and make a major work i couldn't cope :(.

Hoping my school will let me change.. but im pretty sure none of the subjects in the same line appealed.. and can't contact the school till Wednesday when the teachers go back.. gaaah.
Hehe lolz. Now which one of the teachers is the Arts co-ordinator?
Hmmmm....

Speed dial #1: Science faculty
Speed dial #2: History faculty
Speed dial #3: Principal
Speed dial #4: ahhh, there it is, Art Department!

Bahaha :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)