Changing subjects (1 Viewer)

Ava342

HSC
N/A
Hi I'm a bit new to these forums so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I'm doing chem and bio next year and I'm wondering if i should do some other subject instead of chem for next yr mainly because its going to be really content heavy and i feel like it's going to take time away from other subjects. But would that be a bad idea because i want to do something like physiotherapy or pharmacology in uni. I'm not that interested in doing it but its says its assumed knowledge so I'm a bit unsure what to do

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
Hi I'm a bit new to these forums so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I'm doing chem and bio next year and I'm wondering if i should do some other subject instead of chem for next yr mainly because its going to be really content heavy and i feel like it's going to take time away from other subjects. But would that be a bad idea because i want to do something like physiotherapy or pharmacology in uni. I'm not that interested in doing it but its says its assumed knowledge so I'm a bit unsure what to do
you have more than enough time to cover content if you use your time well and aren't doing an unordinarily high amount of units.

icycledough

HSC
I'd also say that chemistry has a significant amount of maths; not anything past advanced or standard levels, but especially with Module 6, there will be lots of calculations for titration and mole questions, so that may be something you also want to consider. I personally didn't do biology, but I would imagine there is very minimal maths compared to chemistry

Minari243

HSC
in my opinion bio is definitely more content heavy than chem. You definitely still have a lot of time to catch up but if you do decide to drop chemistry, the degrees you want to do such as physio or pharmacology likely have chem as a prerequisite or assumed knowledge, which means you have to do a bridging course to fill the gap in your knowledge before starting that degree (im not too sure if you can do this for prerequisites). Pretty sure you can't change chem into another subject such as physics or modern.

Edit: I just realised your HSC is in 2023 and I typed the response thinking you were in yr 11. In that case i think most schools let you change the subject within the first few weeks of the term. After that you can drop a subject whenever you like as long as you have atleast 12 units for year 11 and 10 units for HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)