Charcol (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Hello all,
I was just wondering.. I'm not familiar with using charcol pencils and was wondering if there was any tricks or particular techniques that I should be aware of... You see Im re-doing my room as a sort of 'present' for myself cos of the HSC (I finish in thursday... w00t!) and am going to try something different and do some charcol drawinds on carboard and put them on the walls....Any tricks or techniques or things I should be aware of?
Any help would be fanastic.. thanks

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yah but Im gonna spray over it with that stuff..ummm cant think what its called. Sp when Im done it wont come off

Jase

HSC
Charcoal is the best medium for pure expression. Just make sure you don't over do the shading...

There aren't many significant tricks to it that i know of.. but im no pro at charcoaling...
You just have to try it for yourself, and develop a what i call "black finger syndrome"...
Oh yeah, you could smudge with your fingers or a dry sponge to make a soft shading, and press very hard to outline edges, but otherwise i reccomend pressing very softly for most of the sketch.

Spray that whatchamacallit.. Fixative!

Last edited:

liblib

HSC
N/A
you can also use some white chalk to help with tone, coz sometimes, the black goes insane and you cant get it back to a lighter shade!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
libbieann said:
you can also use some white chalk to help with tone, coz sometimes, the black goes insane and you cant get it back to a lighter shade!
good idea

Thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)