Chartered Accountants Careers Conference 2006 - Sydney and Melbourne (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Chartered Accountants Careers Conference
Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know about the CA Careers Conference thats happening in the holidays.
We got told about this in Accounting, a CA dude came and talked to us. Sounds good
see
http://www.flyhigher.com/Home/Content1.aspx?PageID=CareersConference2
for details
the following is from the website: [ive bolded and italicsed some things 2]
Hope it helps

Who is thinking of going!

What is the Chartered Accountants Careers Conference?
The Careers Conference is your chance to find out everything you need to know about accounting, including information on how your uni study fits into the big picture, what type of jobs are on offer in accounting, who are Chartered Accountants, and why you should choose to become one too.

The Careers Conference includes workshops, seminars, networking and an employer exhibition area for students looking for vacation and graduate employment.

The second day (for second and penultimate year students only) is where you get to go an actual Chartered Accounting organisation, including the Big 4 and mid-tier organisations, where they personally show you around and interact with you at their office*.

Why should I attend and who can go?
First year students: confirm that an accounting major is the pathway to the career and lifestyle you want.

Second and penultimate year students: it’s your chance to network and find that perfect vacation job! As well as this, you have the opportunity to experience an office visit to one of our sponsor locations on day two. This is exclusively for penultimate year students, so don't forget to opt-in on the registration form to take up this fantastic experience.

Final year students: meet Chartered Accountant employers and secure your dream job. The Careers Conference will also give you some great tips for making it in business and what you should be thinking about next as you approach the ‘real-world’ of finance and business management.

The Careers Conference is open to all university accounting students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents. Please note day two is exclusively for second/penultimate year accounting students.

When and where is the Careers Conference?
Melbourne – Thursday, 13 July (and Friday, 14 July 2006 office visit day*)
The Sofitel Wentworth, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne

Sydney – Tuesday, 18 July (and Wednesday, 19 July 2006 office visit day*)
The Sofitel Wentworth, 61-101 Phillip Street, Sydney

Time: 8.30am to 6.00pm

How do I register to attend?
Register now and bring a friend for free! Offer closes 30 June.
Once you have registered online, please call 02 9290 5654 to register your complimentary ticket. [theres something for the cheapos :p]

- Registrations will be processed through the Institute website.
- Click on the links below, which will take you to our secure website.
- Create a new username and password (Fly Higher usernames and passwords will not work).

Cost
35.00 which includes a full day conference, includes 5 star food and drink all day valued at $80.00pp. *Flexible payment options are available - pay by credit card, cheque or cash. Extra payment is not required for the second day of office visits*.

To register you must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.

Cancellation policy: If you wish to cancel your registration, a full refund will be given up until the 16 June, 2006.

Register
Melbourne: Register now Sydney: Register now

Phone
Call the Student Service Centre on 1300137322

Which employers will be there? [the big 4 will be there :)]
The Institute is pleased to announce the support of seven priority sponsors for the Careers Conference event – KPMG, Deloitte, Moore Stephens, PricewaterhouseCoopers, BDO, William Buck and Ernst & Young.

There are also several other local employers involved in each event.

* Office visits will be offered to the first 400 registered students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents in their second, penultimate or final year of study in accounting at university. Office visits provide the opportunity for employers to assess potential candidates for vacation and permanent graduate employment in Australia.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i should go, but cbf. c'mon.. ITS THE HOLIDAYS!!

goan_crazy

HSC
Shell said:
i should go, but cbf. c'mon.. ITS THE HOLIDAYS!!
U should go Michelle
especially seeing u wanna do Accounting
and its only one day...
I'm sure u can give up one day of work for this ;)

kow_dude

HSC
Was thinking about going but....................... no.

NiKz*~

HSC
what do we have to wear?
what are other people wearing?

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
goan_crazy said:
U should go Michelle
especially seeing u wanna do Accounting
and its only one day...
I'm sure u can give up one day of work for this ;)
You should, shell.
I heard you gave up a lot for good old Joe. Clothes were only a small part of the deal you guys struck.

That said, I'm going. So y'all can all appreciate my new napoleon dynamite boots.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
its probably too late to register now anyway. its next tues!

goan_crazy

HSC
Shell said:
its probably too late to register now anyway. its next tues!
Hey Michelle
I just bought premium :D
lol anyway my friend ordered the ticket on the 30th
she doesn't have a friend interested who can get in for free
call me if your interested
you can pay her half
tahts like $17
thats what me and a friend did
but yeah you have my number so call me if you want
Joe

turtleface

HSC
I've just finished the program in Melbourne. I've posted about Day 1 in the Commerce thread, but heres what happens for Day 2

You go to 2 firms, and basically you get a feed, and you play some quiz games, get some cool prizes like movie tickets and get a tour.

More enjoyable than it sounds, the quiz games were good (very funny and good time).

If you can't be stuffed looking at the topic in the Commerce thread basically day 1 went much better than most of us melbournians thought. The only negative aspects were the lame advertisements at the start. (Watch out for the uber-annoying Sky-diving one; and also the bagging of CPAs which was a bit petty)

Hopefully it will be as good for Sydney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)