Chartered accountants (1 Viewer)

vivien023

HSC
OK
I am very confused atm after researching.
I want to be a chartered accountant.

HOW and WHEN do i apply?

I am starting UNI this year.
UNSW
COMM/ARTS
MAJORS: ACCOUNTING/BUSINESS LAW/CHINESE/JAPANESE

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Do all CA pre-req subjects, then do GradDipCA whilst being mentored?

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Focus on uni, do the prereq subjects (which can be found if you google this/on the CA website as a pdf doc.) and then apply for the CA program once you've found employment.

rx34

HSC
I'll be super nice and post all the courses you need to do :spin: By the way, we don't need the shaded courses right?Here's the pdf

Taken from the UNSW's website
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
Graduates who have completed an accredited undergraduate degree with a major in accounting are eligible under the Institute's admission requirements to enter the ‘CA Program’ leading to membership, provided they have completed accredited courses in the core knowledge of Financial Accounting and Reporting, Taxation, Audit and Assurance, and Management Accounting and Analysis (see below).

If you are unable to fit these courses in as part of your degree requirements, you may wish to enrol in additional classes as non-award.

Graduates are advised to confirm academic entry requirements for the ‘CA Program’ with ICAA Chartered Accountants - Number One In Numbers, Homepage

Core courses to meet undergraduate requirements
ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A (6 UOC)
ACCT1511 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1B (6 UOC)
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 (6 UOC)
ECON1202 Quantitative Methods A (6 UOC)
ECON1203 Quantitative Methods B (6 UOC)
Required courses
ACCT2522 Management Accounting 1 (6 UOC)
ACCT2542 Corporate Financial Reporting (6 UOC)
ACCT3563 Issues in Financial Reporting (6 UOC)
ACCT3583 Management Accounting 2 (6 UOC)
ACCT3708 Auditing & Assurance Services (6 UOC)
FINS1613 Business Finance (6 UOC)
INFS1602 Info Systems in Business (6 UOC)
LEGT1711 Legal Environment of Commerce (6 UOC)
LEGT2721 Business Transactions (6 UOC)
LEGT2741 Business Entities (6 UOC)
LEGT2751 Business Taxation (6 UOC)
* The Honours equivalent of ACCT3563, ACCT3583 and ACCT3708 may be substituted for these courses
* It is no longer mandatory to include ACCT3583 or ACCT3593 and INFS1602 but it is desirable to do so.

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't forget that if you somehow don't do all the pre-req subjects at uni, don't stress as you can enroll in bridging courses later on (which your employer will hopefully pay for!)

loler

HSC
Don't forget that if you somehow don't do all the pre-req subjects at uni, don't stress as you can enroll in bridging courses later on (which your employer will hopefully pay for!)

just curious, how much would doing CA cost?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
*shrugs* Does anyone even pay for it themself?

And nice signature you got there Minai. You've inspired me to update mine accordingly... but mine is TBC :(

Last edited:

Jonathandavid

HSC
N/A
Per module fees for the CA are roughly $1100. There are additional costs for supplementary exams and late enrolments.

Most firms have a system where costs are reimbursed, usually at the beginning of the module, while some reimburse after you have passed and completed the module.

There are 5 modules total, which can be completed within 2 years.

As mentioned above you can only commence the CA after you have completed the pre-requisite units (listed on the ICAA website) currently there is no pre-requisite work experience required. However, during the CA you must be employed in 'relevant service'.

If you've just started your Uni Degree the HOW and WHEN of enrolling for CA isn't particularly relevant until you've met their conditions. For more information:

https://www.charteredaccountants.co...rtered_accounting/academic_entry_requirements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)