• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

chat what if i dont get a JD? (1 Viewer)

4lulai

HSC
Hey, im currently in year 11 and im aiming to maybe get a bachelor of social sciences/something in business or something along those lines as realistically, i know straight from year 12, getting an LLB is pretty hard. Im aiming to either just do a degree that doesn't need as high of an atar as an LLB and do an internal transfer in my first year or just get a JD after my bachelors.

What are the chances i dont get accepted into the JD course? im scared i wont get accepted into a JD course and im stuck with a degree im not as confident/passionate in.

jonolad69

HSC
What are the chances i dont get accepted into the JD course?
what kind of question is this? lol

your chances are dependent on how you do in your undergraduate degree? you will know if you get accepted into a juris doctor as there is a grade requirement, and you can gauge if you'll get in or not pretty early (you're doing a social sciences degree so you should be getting distinctions anyways)

4lulai

HSC
what kind of question is this? lol

your chances are dependent on how you do in your undergraduate degree? you will know if you get accepted into a juris doctor as there is a grade requirement, and you can gauge if you'll get in or not pretty early (you're doing a social sciences degree so you should be getting distinctions anyways)
I just made the post based on a conversation I had with a friend lol

are the grade requirements quite high for a JD? I’m not sure how easy/hard a degree in social sciences or business is

carrotsss

HSC
it’s not really based on chance, it’s based on your results and how you do.

the best way to go about this would be to do a degree you’d be happy in anyway, and that way you’ll probably perform better anyway and not have the risk of having a degree you’re not passionate about

kingpalindrome

HSC
also I don't think getting into a LLB is as hard as you think it is - sure maybe it is for USYD but try other unis like macquarie or uts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)