cheap backpacking holidays (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey i havent been backpacking b4 but id love to go these summer holidays

i wanna do it on the cheap but still have a good time, so im thinking south east asia or something

if anyone could giv me ne suggestions about where 2 go, how much things cost roughly and if they hav ne experiences they'd like to share itd b awesome

thanks

gregory

HSC
oh comeon someone has to be able to give me some direction here

also, the 3 major tourist places are the americas, asia & europe (for o'seas travel)

the only time we uni students can really hav a proper overseas holiday is in our summer

in our summer, asia rains heaps so i'm told

in our summer it's obviously winter in europe and the americas...........is it worth travelling/backpacking around in winter? i would think it'd be heaps better during the summer

also, im told that canada is a great place to backpack around - i dont see how this can be true (relative to other places), as it's so big. i dont really wanna go to the states while i'm under 21 coz it would be nowhere near as good

if someone could tell me of their's or their friend's travel experiences or whatever it'd be heaps of help

thanks so much,

gregory west

HSC
yea cool hav u bin ther

wot do u mean by cheap - like how much do u rekon itd cost per day ($AUD) to do stuff

in vietnam u can live like a king for $20 a day apparently

HSC
thats pretty awesome

wot kinda stuff is ther 2 do there tho
like is the nightlife good, heaps of ppl and stuff

i realli just want a cheap holiday that'sgonna b full of partying and stuff - sumwhere where there's an awesome atmosphere

adn i plan on getting laid eachh nite by hot chicks

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Oh, and definately NOT Norway, Maccas even costs $17 for a Big Mac Meal and dinner at a restaurant will set u back $60-80, but the worst thing is alcohol (where u can only buy at one place) which for a 750mL bottle of vodka is $50!!!!

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
In the Greek Islands, i think Mykonos can be the party island but its more expensive compared with the other islands coz of its popularity, but Paros which is nearby has a lot of nightlife too and is cheap.

U may want to check the Spanish resorts, but pls NOT IBIZA its over hyped and overcrowded with whinging poms with third degree sunburns.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Vietnam.... but the best times to go are around April or October.... also New Zealand can be reasonable because the airflights are uber cheap, it's just the activities that are pricey. Third world type countries are usually pretty cheap, but sometimes the airfares can be a bit pricey.

HSC
thanks, but whys that ? coz of the weather? (vietnam)

my only options are places i can go 2 during the 3 month summer break (uni)

and as i said b4, i want sumwhere where theres like a party atmosphere kinda thing

pAuLthaPlUmBeR

HSC
N/A
Whatabout for people like me who plan on going in the European winter? What's that like? Would it be a waste of money?

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I did a tour in NZ with a company similar to Contiki, it was called Connections Adventures.... I had an awesome time, it was great. But it is probably a bit pricier than just backpacking, but you don't have to organize as much stuff and you make really good friends (well at least I did)

Jacks

HSC
yeah there is, but I guess that really depends where you go. In big tourist places like queenstown, wellington etc there are quite a few places. Obviously at smaller towns there won't be as much. I didn't go to NZ for the nightlife, so I can't be anymore specific...and I don't know if it's as big as you'd be looking for...but a good time is there to be had if you know where to go. Places like Queenstown are more known for adventure activities than nightlife though ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)