cheap backpacking holidays (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
There was some decent nightlife in NZ, in Auckland, Q-town, C-Church, Rotorua and Wello..... also in the Bay of Islands there were a few backpacker bars. If you want to go out there are ample opportunities in NZ. Lots and lots of backpacker bars!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
In Q-town we went to this awesome bar called Minus 5.... you had to wear like Ugh boots and an eskimo coat and gloves, you apid $20 to get in for half an hour and everything in the bar was made from ice.... it was awesome! The entry price included a cocktail in an ice glass.... apparently they are opening a Minus 5 at Darling Harbour sometime soon, that's what the bartender at Q-town told us.

pAuLthaPlUmBeR

HSC
N/A
oh awesome sounds fun

so yeah new zealand pretty much has everything then aye - scenery, all the adrenalin activities, plus the party side

it's the cheapest getaway too, like $400 return from sydney atm

pretty awesome

pAuLthaPlUmBeR

HSC
N/A
the ice bar sounds interestin........im guessin they giv u the eskimo coat and ugg boots and stuff

Jacks

HSC
yeah they do...check out their website if you're interested, http://www.minus5.co.nz/, there's also an icebar in Auckland too so you can select either location. Anyways if anyone is interested in a trip to NZ I have stacks of itineraries and internet sites so just let me know if you want any advice etc. It's a pretty good holiday for the price though :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah NZ rocks.... I had an awesome time over there. There is something for everyone.

RB ~ CTC

Marvellous
HSC
N/A
thanks, marvellous effort that!

jacks if u could post sum more of that info up it'd be super........straight off the meat of the bat

i look forward to your company then

Last edited:

Jacks

HSC
well I honestly have so much information that I couldn't possibly post it all...if anyone has any specific questions or is in need of any specific links for particular things like transport, accommodation etc let me know...I spent a year gathering links as I planned my own trip there after finishing yr. 12

http://www.jasons.co.nz/ this is a good general site...especially for accommodation, it has such a broad list of accommodation in various categories...but like I said there is so much I'd need some direction before being more specific...anyone looking for anything specific?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)