cheap black and white ink? where? (1 Viewer)

rude

hi friends!

i was wondering if you know any places where i can buy cheap black and white ink?

Spanks in advance!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hey man i get all my inks from ebay! i got genuine HP bacl 48 for $25 brand new still sealed - rrp is 60$

seriously, ebay is the way to go :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I bought a HP Black 45 I think, from Australia Post a while ago. It was in the $60-70 range - I got jipped.

Having said that, I'm now saving the environment, because they don't have to chop down anymore trees for my assessments. :shy:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Huy

Having said that, I'm now saving the environment, because they don't have to chop down anymore trees for my assessments. :shy:
i reckon aye? my ipt final major task was 204 pages - one sides that is LOL

- not including the surveys and appendix *sheesh*

Rahul

Dead Member
i would also like to know where i can get some cheap white ink;) :p

try "cartridge world", i got my cartridge filled in for $17 or $23.

Agent Z

HSC
I wouldnt recomment refilling ink cartridges using those needle things, usually they aren't authorised/produced by the printer brand and all they do is damage the print head.

You should use genuine print cartridges as they better protect the print head, and will give you better results, time after time again.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Agent Z
I wouldnt recomment refilling ink cartridges using those needle things, usually they aren't authorised/produced by the printer brand and all they do is damage the print head.

You should use genuine print cartridges as they better protect the print head, and will give you better results, time after time again.
I second these comments.

I once tried refilling an ink cartridge for my HP printer - the kit came with a "holder/support" mechanism and a squeeze bottle. It comes with a pin and I had to prick the squeeze bottle to release any ink - the instructions even said so!

This was a bad move, once I popped a hole into the nozzle, ink started splashing out! I didn't even squeeze the bottle, it must have been the air trapped inside. Then became the arduous task of refilling the ink cartridge. Sure, it's easier said than done. I took our the cartridge to be refilled, 'locked' it into the mechanism/stand, and inverted it, putting it on top of the bottle of ink. Once I flipped it over though (to drain the bottle), I began noticing something odd...

Ink was all over the floor! (We have tiles, and had it been carpet... I would have been dead meat!) So there I was, with ink all over the tiles, black printer ink that didn't go away without long-hard scrubbings. I think I managed to get some on my shirt too, :eek:

What had happened was, even though the cartridge was firmly in place, it wasn't entirely secure. Once the ink started flowing through the cartridge, it was leaking out the sides and spilled straight onto the tiles.

The lesson? Use genuine print cartridges, don't bother with refill kits because they're too fiddley - gloves, instructions, a steady hand, quick reactions - it's not worth it. I went out immediately and bought a genuine HP ink cartridge.

Saving a few bucks isn't worth it in the long run, because the quality of the print head degrades, the ink may not be "as high a quality" as the genuine ones, and the packaging looks a whole lot better with retail cartridges (new). :)

(btw, this print refill kit I had was free, so I thought I'd use it, it was a bad move on my part :)).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
i would also like to know where i can get some cheap white ink;) :p

try "cartridge world", i got my cartridge filled in for $17 or $23.
yeah, thats where i go sometimes to get my catridge refilled, but beware, a friend of mine said that his catridge that he refilled, actually wrecked his printer- so i try to avoid going there. :s

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, thats where i go sometimes to get my catridge refilled, but beware, a friend of mine said that his catridge that he refilled, actually wrecked his printer- so i try to avoid going there. :s
Do they refill it in front of you?

If they dont, yeah liek my or huy's previous post said, they are probably using cheap refils, that in the long run is just going to damage your print head and/or quality.

In general i stay away from anything that you have to refil manually.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Agent Z
Do they refill it in front of you?

If they dont, yeah liek my or huy's previous post said, they are probably using cheap refils, that in the long run is just going to damage your print head and/or quality.

In general i stay away from anything that you have to refil manually.

yeah, they refill it "at the back" :D

Rahul

Dead Member
i have refilled my black and colour cartridge from them a few times now, without any problems...

refilling is the cheapest way, check out kmart and the likes for the refil packs.

MoNNiE

HSC
yeah true true..
try going to the easter show this year... though.. onthe otherhand the ink i brought was abit dodgy..

anyways there is a brand called peach print or something they deal with all kinds of cartidge inks... it's been advertising in the news papers for awhile now... apparently it's pretty good and cheap.. though.. i've never actually tried

Rahul

Dead Member
well, i found a receipt from the last time i filed my black cartridge, it was $27.50, incl. GST. it was for a cannon one, but i dont think the price will vary much.

fatmuscle

HSC
get ink from large companies
they through out their ink cartidges when there's about 5-10% left in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)