Cheap Sydney Accommodation (1 Viewer)

HSC
does any1 know of any really cheap accomodation in the city or nearby? is there any motels or camping grounds that are really cheap?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
At most of the backpackers around railway square you can get a bed for about $20 a night in a dorm.

We stayed in this seedy place not far from central called Alfred Park Budget Accomodation and it was really shit. It was in surry hills, I think it was about $15 a night for a dorm bed.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I'd go to the YHA at Central or the one in Glebe. YHA for a shared dorm is about $18-22 a night per person. They give you linnen and all that stuff. (no sleeping bags allowed)
you can also get double or twin rooms for around $ 70-90 dollars a night per Room.
YHA are genrally a rather friendly and clean place to stay (i've stayed in two- one in Canberra, for 5 nights- and one in Brissy for 4 nights.. Nice places)
they are friendly.. huge common rooms where you can watch Tv. There is plenty of information arround, own cooking facilites or a cafe availabl.e

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yeh id say cheapest place would be at YHA or one of those backpackers places

A1

HSC
N/A
Funnily enough Sydney is my favourite holiday destination in the whole world.
The place that I stay at every year is the Lane Cove River Tourist Park. Although not exactly IN THE CITY, it is only a 10km drive away and is accessible directly by bus along Epping Rd. Another option to get to the city is to take the bus to Chatswood and then the train. The buses are walking distance from the Park.
The place is great. There is a TV and Internet Room (internet costs $2 per 20 minutes), barbeques (free), camp kitchen (fridges, microwaves, hot water system etc - free) and 2 swimming pools. Tent sites cost $28 and $32 (unpowered) off peak and $32 and $36 (powered) during the peak period.
If you're an animal lover you will find heaps of animals there - lizards, bandikoots, lorikeets, kookaburras and rabbits. The National Park is right next door and is free.

kylie_robbo

Yeah, Lane Cove Nat. Park. Caravan Park is a nice place, but it isn't exactly cheap. It might seem cheap, but once you add on food and travelling costs to get into the city, it may well be cheaper to go into the YHA Central. Also the fact that you don't have to take a tent/bedding/pillow/sheets... if you go to a YHA...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)