Cheapest place to get textbooks? (1 Viewer)

d-pilipovic

HSC
I'm just wondering what would be the cheapest place to get text books from, could I get some of my books on pdf or is it better to have the hard copy, and should I buy online or just from the campus book store.
By subjects are: MATH1015; MATH1011; BIOL1001; CHEM11011; BUSS10011
does anyone know where I can get a list of textbooks I will need for these subjects
thank you

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
For the textbook - check the unit guide & outline/Co-Op. You can get some textbooks (second hand) at Textbook Exchange and some students place posters on noticeboards selling certain textbooks also. :)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I'm just wondering what would be the cheapest place to get text books from, could I get some of my books on pdf or is it better to have the hard copy, and should I buy online or just from the campus book store.
By subjects are: MATH1015; MATH1011; BIOL1001; CHEM11011; BUSS10011
does anyone know where I can get a list of textbooks I will need for these subjects
thank you
The MATH1015 textbook is specially compiled by the lecturers who teach the course so you can't buy it anywhere online. Only the USyd coop has it (or second hand sites). MATH1011 isn't a textbook, it's a course handbook that's pretty cheap anyway.

BIOL1001 you should be able to get from somewhere like www.bookdepository.com which is quite cheap and doesn't charge for shipping.

I don't know about the other two.

...you know, or not.
Please don't get all sarcastic after waiting for a response for only 10 hours. Many of us have busy schedules where we're not on bos every single day.

d-pilipovic

HSC
The MATH1015 textbook is specially compiled by the lecturers who teach the course so you can't buy it anywhere online. Only the USyd coop has it (or second hand sites). MATH1011 isn't a textbook, it's a course handbook that's pretty cheap anyway.

BIOL1001 you should be able to get from somewhere like www.bookdepository.com which is quite cheap and doesn't charge for shipping.

I don't know about the other two.

Please don't get all sarcastic after waiting for a response for only 10 hours. Many of us have busy schedules where we're not on bos every single day.
Thanks a lot, and sorry for being a cunt :)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Cheapest place is definitely from friends in the same/similar course in the year just above you. I got all my textbooks for Semester 1 for a grand total of $70.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Amazon. Most courses you don't need the books though.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Malaysia.

You can get really cheap international editions on Amazon, Ebay, Abebooks etc. But it's only for textbooks which are sold overseas - if it's a dodgy one your lecturer has written you obviously won't find it online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)