Cheapest way to UNSW by public transport (1 Viewer)

Deliriously

HSC
From experience, how do you get to UNSW and what tickets do you buy?

For me, my route is Holsworthy->Central ($5.00 for return). Bus->UNSW ($3.60).
That means I will be spending $8.60 for 1 daily trip and I go 5 days a week.

Should I buy separate tickets + Bus 10 or myMulti (weekly, monthly, yearly), keeping in mind that we also have holidays.
Opal cards will be out soon but no idea how that compares.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
MyMulti weekly is the only MyMulti you can get on concession and it's definitely the cheapest if you go 5 days from Western Sydney.

Deliriously

HSC
MyMulti weekly is the only MyMulti you can get on concession and it's definitely the cheapest if you go 5 days from Western Sydney.
Oh I didn't know that. Yup then I can see that weekly is the way to go.

Alkanes

HSC
You can risk it with bus tickets imo. Esp if you have early classes.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I go from holsworthy everyday, ahahaha. Get a multi2 weekly ticket, $27 concession & you can catch the train and bus as many times as you like.

EDIT: on the opal card brochure it said for concession (uni students) to keep buying the paper ticket till they have a concession card.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I go from holsworthy everyday, ahahaha. Get a multi2 weekly ticket, $27 concession & you can catch the train and bus as many times as you like.

EDIT: on the opal card brochure it said for concession (uni students) to keep buying the paper ticket till they have a concession card.

Exactly, so if you and your friends decide to go to the beach one day after uni - then... you can go and don't have to pay for an extra ticket!

You can go on adventures.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
They never check UNSW buses haha
Yeah be careful. There was this period last year where there would be transit officers waiting at the gates along high street and they would either come on board to check or check those coming off the bus.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah be careful. There was this period last year where there would be transit officers waiting at the gates along high street and they would either come on board to check or check those coming off the bus.
exactly

Or the bus would stop in the middle of Foveaux Street or something on the way to Anzac Parade and we were boarded by transit people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)