• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

cheater.. (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
He made out with another girl.
Exactly! Is that supposedly a 'low' offence in your eyes?

neo_o said:
No, but it's easier to forgive.
But the point is about whether or not it's right to forgive, given the point I made about how cheating is a choice.

neo_o said:
People make bad choices, and if someone's partner cares about them enough, they'd forgive that person for them.
Yes, people do make bad choices, but this isn't some business gamble which doesn't have an objectively immoral outcome. A person is fully aware of what they are getting themselves into when they cheat. If a person cheats on their partner, they obviously have blunt disregard and care for them, so why should they be forgiven for it?

neo_o said:
He said that he didn't use that excuse. He told her what happened.
I never spoke of that point as an excuse. I spoke of it as a concept, i.e one (by common sense) should understand the risks of high volume drinking.

HSC
I'm with JKD and the others on this one, if there's one thing I'd take the hard line on cheating would be it. People don't deserve to be fucked around like that, and as a partner of all people you'd sort of expect someone to realise that.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
he didn't spurt her in the poop chute.

All he did was kiss her.

Jesus.
Making out = down-right cheating.

Simple enough concept, I would of thought.

Jesus.

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC
I'm pokin my my nose into things but just one little thing can open people up to cheat again ( i know from experience and i have a friend that is going through that ).

To forgive is to rely on the persons trust that they do the right thing. but what if that pretty little lady walked passed and he unexpectantly "forgot" about the girlfriend. I mean in my previous "problem" my boyfriend told his friends i was just his "ex girlfriend" so .....

in other questions i might add males have sex imprinted in their mind it's not like i hate em' or anything but it's quite normal and well if some males dont agree with that thats between himself, the girl on the side and last but not least the girlfriend. Meh And while their add it have a 3 way group convo with these two lovley ladies and find out that maybe you where the worst guy on earth or a big studd that has a girlfriend leaving them :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
^^ I agree, although some people cheat via the 'accident' of drinking too much and not knowing what the hell happened, many of course simply do it because they can't keep it in the pants.. and if you're a horny prick eager enough to betray the trust of your girl just for some quick physical gratification, then there's no doubt there's a reasonable chance it could happen again.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I also read an article about 6 months ago where a scientific study suggested that there is the existence of a gene which makes those who 'has it' far more likely to cheat (and to reoffend).. i.e it is more of an inherit attribute within themselves to tend to sway towards infidelity.

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC
JKDDragon said:
^^ I agree, although some people cheat via the 'accident' of drinking too much and not knowing what the hell happened, many of course simply do it because they can't keep it in the pants.. and if you're a horny prick eager enough to betray the trust of your girl just for some quick physical gratification, then there's no doubt there's a reasonable chance it could happen again.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I also read an article about 6 months ago where a scientific study suggested that there is the existence of a gene which makes those who 'has it' far more likely to cheat (and to reoffend).. i.e it is more of an inherit attribute within themselves to tend to sway towards infidelity.
Hehehehe well if anything , i can tell which guy it is haha ( i'm only joking)
1. needs a alot of trust with someone..
2.is weirdly tall for their age
3.that can lie in your face but cannot lie when you direct them for eye to eye contact. ( ashamed)
4. They just dont tell you anything ? i mean like if you decided to go cheat would you :

a.) Rather hear the winging which is that of a female in agony
b. )"protecting" your girlfriend from harm. Ha! thats what my ex said. Didnt believe a word.This also gives you a full array of areas to bend the truth in.

Collin

HSC
N/A
kathelle said:
My boyfriend forgave me for kissing another girl, I dont think he minded that much
:D

Seriously though neither of us classified it as anything close to cheating though, so I dont really see what the big deal is. I mean _love.me.not_ is obviously sorry, I'd forgive him, if he does it again in the future she can dump him then. I vote he gets a second chance
So wait, you're saying making out with another girl isn't cheating? Then you say it's fair to dump the next time, implying that it WILL be cheating then. So how does the 1st time make it absolutely fine and 'nothing close to cheating' yet the 2nd warrants a break up? I'm sorry, but I'm completely baffled by this concept some people seem to be introducing here.

Seems like a heck of alot of people here who have been cheated on wants to try and shine some dignity into their past cheating woes by biasedly asserting that '1st time is OK'. :rolleyes:

Either that, or we have alot of folks here in open relationships.

Collin

HSC
N/A
kathelle said:
LOL

I was kinda joking mate. The reason I made out with the chick was for my boyfriend's own enjoyment. I thought I got that message across....obviously not...

All I am saying is that he should be given a second chance, I have never really cheated on anyone, so please don't try and use the "You are just trying to justify your own dodginess" argument.
You don't think people can change? That he will have learned his lesson about the pain and trouble this one little event has caused? Admittedly this won't be applicable for everyone, but it is worth giving him a second chance because it is possible.
Woops, I misread your previous post as 'kissing another boy', not girl. Honest mistake. :D

As for cheaters, they can change.. but I certainly wouldn't be confident in them changing. In other words, I would say it would be very hard for threadstarter's girl to trust him again.. and who could blame her? When relationships go a distance, the infatuation period ends and it's more based on companionship and trust. If those integral elements are not present, the relationship can be positively designated as stuffed. That's why cheating in a long-term relationship can be dreadful.

Simply put, I think he made a terrible mistake and (subjective point of view) I just don't think his offence is light enough to warrant her taking him back. I'm not going to vigorously fight this particular case however, because I know that he did it under alcohol. In other words, he can use the excuse that he was drunk (or more to the point, he was too stupid to realise these things could happen under the effect of alcohol :rolleyes: so his girlfriend should please forgive him for being so stupid and not realising this blatantly obvious fact) to try and get her back. So if threadstarter is to admit that, then sure.. I'll support the second chance notion. But if he insists he'll keep getting wasted like he did at schoolies whilst in a relationship, then he can go get stuffed.

olchik

HSC
It's very hard to forgive cheat. A person should love his partner very much..

olchik

HSC
It's very hard to forgive cheat, the person should love his partner very much...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)