Checking calculators for exams (1 Viewer)

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
How diligent are they with checking calculators for trial and HSC exams? In year 11 out school just checked if there were lids on our calculators before we went into our yearly exam, do they check the model number of everyone's calculators before you enter exams now? Do they check for writing on the calculators? Do they actually turn on the calculator and check it?

random-1006

Banned
HSC
How diligent are they with checking calculators for trial and HSC exams? In year 11 out school just checked if there were lids on our calculators before we went into our yearly exam, do they check the model number of everyone's calculators before you enter exams now? Do they check for writing on the calculators? Do they actually turn on the calculator and check it?

lol, you want to try and cheat??

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
no they don't check anything.

i had an illegal calculator - i.e. one that could do integration and complex numbers and stuff.

had to change the cover of the calculator just incase they *did* check.

Affinity

HSC
Doesn't give you much advantage .. unless you smuggle in some serious algebraic packages.

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
No, I just have one that's not board-approved but I don't want to buy a new calculator when I'm so used to this one.

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
no they don't check anything.

i had an illegal calculator - i.e. one that could do integration and complex numbers and stuff.

had to change the cover of the calculator just incase they *did* check.
Which model did you have? I have the 82ES Casio.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
My maths teacher (not BOS) checked at the door.

Apparently though a BOS staffer could check during the exam...

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Did they just check the model number/outside?

they can check whatever the hell they want, but 9/10 times they will be too lazy, but as someone has already pointed out, even if you bring in calculators that are not allowed you wont have a huge ( if any) advantage. they are looking for the working, and even if you have a calculator that you can type all the formulas in and recall them later you will still need to know how to apply them, and know basic algebric manipulation

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
they can check whatever the hell they want, but 9/10 times they will be too lazy, but as someone has already pointed out, even if you bring in calculators that are not allowed you wont have a huge ( if any) advantage. they are looking for the working, and even if you have a calculator that you can type all the formulas in and recall them later you will still need to know how to apply them, and know basic algebric manipulation
Yeah it's just that I'm used to my calculator and I don't want to get a new one right before my trials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)