Checking Email etc. at School (1 Viewer)

nigelwong

HSC
N/A
hello,

I have found a great way you can check your email at school (Gmail or Yahoo, sorry no hotmail =( ) and i was hoping to share it with you.

This site: http://www.ctrlaltproxy.com allows you to surf most websites at school, even though they may be blocked. Try something like newgrounds or something, and it should work!

Tell your friends about it, and btw this is not illeagal, as web proxies provide users with anonymity, which by law, a person is allowed to protect.

http://www.ctrlaltproxy.com

Enjoy!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
thanks but my school blocked it but there are always other ways

mlando

HSC
cjwrighty said:
The schools are getting quicker and quicker to block sites :mad1::mad1:
set up your own proxy on your home computer. dont tell anyone about it and they wont know about it.

cjwrighty

Look out UOW here I come!
HSC
mlando said:
set up your own proxy on your home computer. dont tell anyone about it and they wont know about it.
Yea, one of my friends set one up so we could check our emails at school. Since the DET in NSW brang in there new block everything and ask question later policy we havent been able to look at any of the goods sites. Its amazing they blocked image.google.com and the Whirlpool Forum :( which i wasnt happy about because it used to be one of my things to check. The good old forum, during my IT periods but i cant even do that now :( :( . this just isnt cool :(

Optophobia

HSC
politik said:
LOL ur so kool.
LOL ur so STFU.
--

Resolve the domain address to an IP and enter it into your browser. As IP's change frequently, it would be pointless for them to block access to IP's.

HSC
back at school, they block the shit outta sites students like to visit, librarians would watch students using the net, **invading privacy **:mad1::rofl:

gtvwill

HSC
Bah, proxy's are ok if you must you can go through google images to to get to some sites, or there are proxy sites like proxify, or manual annonymous proxys to slap in ur browser (huzzah for south korea).

Worst comes to worst set up outlook or thunderbird or similar mail server prog on a 512mb mem stick with a linux system on it and just boot from that if you school uses pc's and restrict access to enabling proxies on your web browsers. or even if your just insterested at looking around restricted parts of the HDD of that comp.

Roobs

HSC
if any knowlegable IT folk can help on that lats question, or even just tell me how i can use my friggin hotmail at school, drop me a line: rubendownunder@hotmail.com

any help greatley appreciated

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
most schools, usually run a proxy, which basically copies the web pages to itself then shares it with you, that's why they popular sites are so fast, it also helps reduce traffic going out.

what happens is they can use the proxy server to check what its going to get for you, so if it has a keyword type thing built in, it'll block something like www.hotpron.com, and then put it down in the server logs for the school admins to find.

this also helps them in another way because you cannot use 2 proxy's, so all those folks saying use a proxy simple, or set-up your own proxy, it won't work, why? because you can only use 1 proxy, and you will need the school proxy to access an external proxy which won't work.

The only method which i have successfully used is by using a web based proxy, however the DET blocks most addresses with proxy in them, so most of these are blocked, only one which i know works is www.peanutproxy.com.

Another thing which sucks is that they blocked file extensions, meaning we can't download any .mp3's, .zip's or .exe's, although there are ways around that.

Roobs

HSC
ahh...ok..well is there a way i can set up my own web based proxy running off my ADSL?

petemod

Paying Member
HSC
I compiled a bunch of scripts (mainly just web proxies) on my server, so that I could get onto restricted websites. Has been around for about 4 months and have over 400 people joined (Not from just Australia...) . The idea is that once the school blocks the address I just change the domain, and all members get a email of the new domain. And as the tools are authenticated it hardly ever gets blocked...
Membership is free :D
The current URL is: http://blocked.1.vg
I update the website with new scripts when they become available, so far have:
- Unblocked Browsers
- Google Unblocked Image Search
- Hotmail Client (Really unreliable, only works with OLD accounts)

You could easily do the same, at home. Install Apache, PHP and PERL and you would just go to http://xxx.[yourip].xxx.xxx ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)