checklist for '07 ipt exam! (1 Viewer)

jwkhan

HSC
N/A
Hello to all those doin the '07 hsc! how r we goin.. kk so im guessing some of us are at the stage where its all revision n all learnin is done.. i wanted to make a checklist tht wuld help every1 in revision.. this is what i have come up with so far - these things appear in past xams.. okay so we have;

- Data flow diagram
- System flow charts
- Context diagram
- Normalising (eww)
- SQL
- Decision table and trees

can anyone think of additonal stuff?

Beege

HSC
Social & Ethical Issues
Calculating File Sizes For Databases & Multimedia

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No and unless it is has changed since 2004 the paper says pick 2 topics and do all the questions under those topics e.g. Multimedia and DSS were my two option topics. You simply won't have the time nor knowledge to answer all option topics - hence the name option.

Xenmae

HSC
also reason as a reminder on which two your doing a friend of mine did the wrong one and got laughed at and his response at why he did that one "wasnt thinking"
Kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

jwkhan

HSC
N/A
hey,
i know the calculation for mutlmedia liek image, video, audio size.. but how do u do a database size calculation..infact last night i saw it on the 2006 hsc paper and i didnt understand how to do it.. can someone help me please? thanks!

LatK7

HSC
You add the field lengths together, you then multiply that by the amount of records as the fields together represent one record. The calculation goes like this (for the 06' paper):

25 + 15 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 10 x 200 / 1024

Note: i did not divide by '8 x 1024' because in a data dictionary the lengths are already in BYTES, and thus to get it into kilobytes one divides by 1024.

HSC
Social and Ethical will definately come up.
Also, maybe something about putting an information system in contex.
Data correction and error checking will definately come up.
There will probably be a question on networking hardware and/or network topologies.
And of course, we need to be familiar with the project development cycle.

Also, I haven't even began to study. But I'm about to.

jwkhan

HSC
N/A
thanks for the answer to the 06 exam!! realli helpful..
now with the social/ethical.. mmm u reckon the most would b like a 4/5 marker on tht?

tem197

SLUR DESTRUCTIVE
HSC
argh, bugger, i hardly know ANY of this stuff! my teacher taught us virtualy nothing all year.
farout.. ohwell it will be a fun night/morning craming for me!!

HSC
Paintbrush said:
I <3 afternoon exams
Agreed. You can actually get a decent morning's sleep.

Also, bloody hell, how is it that everyone is complaining about teachers? Are there seriously teachers that are so bad, they can't teach the courser properly, even though they hold the necessary qualifications as a result of studying what they tech, or is it just students slacking off?

This is a very serious pattern if it's the teachers, as if it is true then there is a serious problem with Australia's capability to teach generations of IT students - IT - a profession which is apparently in high demand.

SERIOUS SHIT HERE PEOPLE!!!! :bomb: :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)