cheese on toast (1 Viewer)

random1990

HSC
When I make cheese on toast, I just grate the cheese and put it on a peice of bread that I've spread with margerine and put it in the grill.
When all the cheese melts and starts to go golden browny I take it out, but I can see like a layer of oil on it. If i hold it vertically, the oil runs down and drips onto the plate and makes a little pool of water.
Is this oil really bad/fatty? Where does it come from? I assume it's the cheese that's melted. If you ate the cheese without melting it, would you still be consuming all this oily stuff?
Just wondering, since I'm going on a diet, but I love cheese on toast :santa:

Cheers guys

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
depends, natural oils e.g. in cheese/fish/etc is good in proportions like is all foods. and yes you would be consuming the oils if you didnts melt it.

HSC
cut out the marg and use light cheese if ur gin on a diet. much less oil = win

sophie1989

HSC
haa ur aloser you should not put butter on it at all lol yer use grain bread :) and just put cheese on the bread then put it under the grill lol no butter is needed!

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
^^^ you eat vegemite :O
try it with some coon cheeze - very nice
and if you like a mixture there is this white cheeze ( thats kind of wraped like) when you heat it in a grill it doesnt produce oils so it a nice balance with the normal yellow cheeze used

LEMONADERAYGUN

HSC
donkeyontheedge said:
vegemite and cheese on toast is the BOMB homies
And on English Muffins :D

Also, for the most awesome, far out, way best cheese toast, grate the cheese and add some tomato sauce and worsteshire (sp?) sauce on it. And maybe some ham. Then spread it on the toast and oven it

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i hear some people like vegemite and milo TOGETHER on toast? =\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)