Chem 1011 (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

Hey for those here doing first year chemistry, is there any particulary easy way to learn the content other than reading those painfully boring lecture notes? eg is there a summary book you can buy from somewhere or clearer notes that you can download?

I know that for the quizzes you just download the sample quizzes but I figure that by just doing that Ill porbably end up failing the final exam.

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i do CHEM1611 so i'm not sure if this applies to you or not, but do you have theory notes on webct? on webct under chem1611 we have a chemcal link which goes through every topic nicely, maybe you could check it out?

otherwise grab a textbook like silverberg or mcmurry if u do organic chem and make your own summmary notes :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
silberberg has colors in it...

other wise, doing chem past exams can always be fun...

allstarr69

hmm.. i checked webCT and i could find is the lecture notes :(

I also heard that that silverberg book goes into ALOT of detail... too much in fact, id probably fall asleep reading it :eek:

Well I guess the only solution is force my way through those notes... the only problem is alot of the lectures are animated I heard so Im probably missing alot since I only go to half of the lectures - living in the central coast you gotta make some sacrifices.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
maybe it's a good idea to live in college or share housing?!

tho in principle, u can just study off the book... or LN for that matter...

tennille

HSC
Allstarrr said:
hmm.. i checked webCT and i could find is the lecture notes :(

I also heard that that silverberg book goes into ALOT of detail... too much in fact, id probably fall asleep reading it :eek:

Well I guess the only solution is force my way through those notes... the only problem is alot of the lectures are animated I heard so Im probably missing alot since I only go to half of the lectures - living in the central coast you gotta make some sacrifices.
You should get the book. You don't have to read everything. It's pretty good.

fush

HSC
god i hate chemistry...
well apperently the final exam is gonna have a lot of the assignment questions in it so just go over that

im hoping to just scrape through....

allstarr69

Yes, yes chemistry does suck... all this stuff about orbital theory bullshit is REAL painful! (sorry to those who enjoy chemistry I really admire your patience)

Yeah I want to move to Sydney... living on a train and waking up at 6 every morning is hardly fun and although youd think its easy to study on a train, sleep and daydreaming always gets the better of you. However itd be stupid to move in with a random (or would I) so I just gotta wait for the right oppertunity...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i think my uni offers accomodation services helping u find ur home... why not give it try?!
it's free any way...

tennille

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
I'm starting (yes, starting) to enjoy chemistry, only because I am starting to understand it.
Isn't that always the case...*sighs* :p

allstarr69

yeah the second lecturer is better than the first Id have to agree there... or maybe coz the content is now easier to understand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)