Chem 2402/2912 - Chemical structure and stability (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
Has anyone done this unit? I am finding it extremely difficult and it lookslike I will fail the final and hence the course.
Does this unit scale up or down?

I am on the verge of tears.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi
Has anyone done this unit? I am finding it extremely difficult and it lookslike I will fail the final and hence the course.

I'd guess up.

Ominous post count.

Last edited:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Hi

A bit late reply to the thread but should be up if adv? I did CHEM2916 (SSP version), screwed up the exam, still got (almost unreasonably imo) high marks.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
A bit late reply to the thread but should be up if adv? I did CHEM2916 (SSP version), screwed up the exam, still got (almost unreasonably imo) high marks.
You have to post your marks here one of these days, I'm in dire need of some inspiration :).

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
You have to post your marks here one of these days, I'm in dire need of some inspiration :).
lol well, my marks are not exactly inspirational (ask jet to do that; I'm sure his would be)

but hopeful for the OP is that I got 86 in CHEM2916 after majorly screwing up the final exam (one of the worst ever screw-ups I've done)

though I think it was partly because pretty much everyone screwed it up.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
lol well, my marks are not exactly inspirational (ask jet to do that; I'm sure his would be)

but hopeful for the OP is that I got 86 in CHEM2916 after majorly screwing up the final exam (one of the worst ever screw-ups I've done)

though I think it was partly because pretty much everyone screwed it up.
Was he the person doing the math/biochem combo? I've found people with odd degree choices tend to...

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Was he the person doing the math/biochem combo? I've found people with odd degree choices tend to...
I think so. He's also the mod for this usyd section of the forum.

My majors are pretty 'odd' too actually - I might be the only person in the whole 3rd year who's doubled majored in pharmacology and stats.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
No I am just a standard student. You know the two quizzes you have in sem, which the standard/adv/SSP do, I got 12 and 13 respectively, avg was 8 and 7.5. Hoping they kinda see that I fluffed up. I am also with the DSU, so I am trying to let them know that I was effected by my condition and this contributed to my crapper performance, but they don't seem to give a shit..

ILL BE LUCKY TO GET 45%, I dont know what happened to me, I just couldn't focus, wanted to rip my head off I was so effing agitated. All I want is a 50.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Sad thing is I only needed 84/180 to pass the theory component and I still fluffed that up hard.

Also everyone I spoke to said the exam was easy and secondly the lecturer this was in like week 7/8 said the fail rate was 30%!

Plus last sem the lecturer said they want to get rid of scaling.

Last edited:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Sad thing is I only needed 84/180 to pass the theory component and I still fluffed that up hard.

Also everyone I spoke to said the exam was easy and secondly the lecturer this was in like week 7/8 said the fail rate was 30%!

Plus last sem the lecturer said they want to get rid of scaling.
Oh damn, if they remove scaling, so many people are gonna fail that unit (it's just so much harder than all other previous chems imo).
esp because the material is dry (eww solid state chem)
This course motivated me to drop chem altogether lol.

but looking at quiz marks, you should do fine? Idk how much they're worth though cause when I did it, there was no such thing as an in-semester quiz. They prob introduced it because of the fail rate (people find to hard to cram well).

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I think so. He's also the mod for this usyd section of the forum.

My majors are pretty 'odd' too actually - I might be the only person in the whole 3rd year who's doubled majored in pharmacology and stats.
You're in third year stats?! I might've seen you before (without knowing who you are).

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Well, the theory component is 75%practical is 25%. You need to pass both individually. The quizzes are worth 10% of the theory component, so 7.5% of the total assesment mark.
But, I know the maximum I can get is 45% [ doing exam on anti depressents and valium = not fun], I hate solid state chem.

I am not sure if I should let the coordinator know that my performance was effected due to my illness so please take this into conseration?

Shoom

HSC
N/A
When did you do chem 2402? I do PCOL as well.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
You're in third year stats?! I might've seen you before (without knowing who you are).
Yep, just finished all 3rd year stats. Not gonna do honours though.
Are you one of the tutors?

Well, the theory component is 75%practical is 25%. You need to pass both individually. The quizzes are worth 10% of the theory component, so 7.5% of the total assesment mark.
But, I know the maximum I can get is 45% [ doing exam on anti depressents and valium = not fun], I hate solid state chem.

I am not sure if I should let the coordinator know that my performance was effected due to my illness so please take this into conseration?
When did you do chem 2402? I do PCOL as well.
You can try if you have some official evidence to provide your lecturer with, but otherwise it won't work. But why were you on antidepressants during your exam?
and I did it last year (2011). It sounds like they did some remodelling of assessments for this year, including those quizzes (and making all 3 SSP assignment submissions compulsory, if you happen to know about it - they pretty much made it even worse a course to handle).

Last edited:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I am with the DSU, so I always needto take meds, but when its bad I take additional meds that make me feel pretty crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)