chem, bio physics people! i need MOTIVATION! (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys, anyone who has completed, or is... at the moment doing chemistry, biology, physics AND 3 unit maths and stuggled/is struggling @ it i would LOVE to talk to you, i need movitation! when im actually studying i find it stupid and i feel like i know it all, but then i go into class and i realise that that tiny bit that i missed is actually the one huge part that i dont no anything about! i need motivation to actually begin the study and be enthusiastic about it PLEASE HELP ME!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I do Chemistry, Physics, 4u Maths and completed Biology last year. Its bloody hard, truly it is, but you get to understand the way the world around you works...you almost find you see little things differently. For example my sister is pregnant and she has ultrasounds and other things done, and thanks to Medical Physics and Biology I understand this better than I would have. You understand so many little things if you choose to take advantage of what these courses give you. You will also find they work in to each other, supplementing what you learn in one with what you learn in the other. They also allow you to access virtually any Science degree without hardship if you get a sufficient UAI, and lastly - if this is where your passion or your talent lies, then run with it! Don't be afraid to take what these courses offer you, to see the world around you with new eyes.
Inspired yet?:)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I know how you feel. I'm doing fine in Chemistry and Physics, but not so well in Biology. I want to drop Biology in Year 12, but then I may be facing problems with study units. I can safely say that I am in the top ten or top twenty for all my subjects at my school.
If you are aiming for Science in university, then your study would be worthwhile. The topics you learn are relevent what you will find in university science courses.
Also, with the scaling of these science courses, it wouldn't be too bad to keep some of them in Year 12.
For me, I can't stand writing a practical experiment report(s) almost every week. The school's policy is that if you don't get at or above the B- grade for your prac report then you have to redo the whole thing again!
If you wish to do 4 unit Maths, like I am, I think you should consider dropping one of the sciences.
Despite the work, I find all of them rather interesting. The beauty of it is, that the courses overlap each other at some points. For example, nuclear reactions in the Preliminary Physics module Cosmic Engine, can be applied in nuclear chemistry in the Chemistry modules. Also, learning about chemical reactions in Chemistry can be applied in chemical reactions of living things in Biology.

jamesy_1988

HSC
Someone to talk to...

surfsup_melly88 said:
hey guys, anyone who has completed, or is... at the moment doing chemistry, biology, physics AND 3 unit maths and stuggled/is struggling @ it i would LOVE to talk to you, i need movitation! when im actually studying i find it stupid and i feel like i know it all, but then i go into class and i realise that that tiny bit that i missed is actually the one huge part that i dont no anything about! i need motivation to actually begin the study and be enthusiastic about it PLEASE HELP ME!
Hello

I am currently a Yr12 student who is doing the subjects that you have listed. I found that there is a lot of work that you have to put in but, the results at the end of it far outway the effort required, especially if you want a excellent UAI. Any way feel free to email me, jamesy_1988@hotmail.com and you can add me to messenger if you want. Also i am able to help you with the science courses especially if you need help at any time. I have alos experienced the problems you have with studying, but there are ways around that.

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Andrew James

www.geocities.com/jamesyscience

Pace_T

HSC
hey jamesy my good man
the practicals you got on ur website aren't working. it goes to page is missing
do u think i could get them practicals off u mate
ta~

oh and by the way, im willing to help out in 3 unit if anyone wants it ..

HSC
hey guys thanx 4 ur comments, jamsey i've added u 2 my msn! even just the small things u guys have said have begun to inspire me... but is that just for 2day? i hope not! wish me luck and keep up wit the posts

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Haha, you want more?lol:p
Feel free to ask any questions that you like and I will try to answer them if I'm not studying. Your best bet though is especially if you have Maths problems to post in those forums and either Slide Rule(he is like scarily adept at maths) or a moderator will probably reply if you give it time, and there are heaps of helpful people in the biology, chemistry and physics forums.
I do hope that you go well, but remember that there is no fault in you if it is too time consuming for you to maintain, on the other hand it is a strong combination and you have already read my previous post on it. So good luck!:)

HSC
thanx heaps for that guys... i'll keep u posted on how im going n i'll let u no if i have any questions MWA

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
hey i do the 3 sciences and 3 unit maths and 3 unit english

hey does everyone who in yr 12 (this aimed a jamie mainly), think that 4 unit maths u will go better in and stuff coz, my substitute teacher this week, the head of maths says that she did better in 4 unit than in 3 unit and she thinks that if i put the effort in i can do it( the problem is im lazy).
the sciences are not troubling me im loving them, my problem is the english courses it sucks when u have 3 speechs just for science.
BTW in this term ive had 2 for bio, 1 for phys, 3 for eng thats 6 SPEECHES AHHHHHHHHH.
well guys what do you think on my 4 unit 3 unit thingamajig

jamesy_1988

HSC
4 unit maths, maybe not such a good idea

DraconisV said:
hey i do the 3 sciences and 3 unit maths and 3 unit english

hey does everyone who in yr 12 (this aimed a jamie mainly), think that 4 unit maths u will go better in and stuff coz, my substitute teacher this week, the head of maths says that she did better in 4 unit than in 3 unit and she thinks that if i put the effort in i can do it( the problem is im lazy).
the sciences are not troubling me im loving them, my problem is the english courses it sucks when u have 3 speechs just for science.
BTW in this term ive had 2 for bio, 1 for phys, 3 for eng thats 6 SPEECHES AHHHHHHHHH.
well guys what do you think on my 4 unit 3 unit thingamajig
As i said i only do 3 unit maths. at the end of the preliminary i did have hopes of doing 4 unit maths, though my teacher said that wold not improve my overall mark any more. And because i was doing 13 units then ans still am in the hsc, it wuld have meant dropping a course.

Also my maths teacher, who is really great, said that 4 unit maths was completely different to 2 unit or 3 unit.

So if you want some more info about it please feel free to contact me, as i'm always willing to help others.

But the choice is yours and it all depends on how good you are at maths and how much you enjoy/like it. cos you will never do well in something that you don't like

Jamesy

stainmepink

HSC
surfsup_melly88 said:

Hello! i'm doing physics, chemistry, 3 math as well, but not bio. Need motivation? Try not thinking about planning your study, just aim to learn 1 thing a day. Learning one thing a day may not seem much, but in the end, it all adds up :)

also, you could set aside some of your time to do the things you love, ie sport, tv, eating emmensely. That will help keep your mind on track

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by kadlil
teachers recommend that people shouldnt do all three sciences.. its really hard apparently.. i recommend u drop one..... coz u dun really need all of them...
i'm a yr12 student currently and let me tell you that teachers aren't always right. doing all three sciences isn't hard at all... just as long as you know where you're class is at and make sure you stay with them.
i did all three sciences last year, and got a 1st, 2nd, 4th (in no particular order), and my school isn't a crap school either. actually, i didn't find the workload overbearing at all... just as long as you're willing to make it easy for yourself. if you focus on the difficulty of the subject, then all you see is difficulty.
(it's ashame i dropped the science i got the 1st in, i'm beginning to regret it now, i actually wish i am still doing all the three sciences right now.)

baby G

HSC
Yes! i know exactly! how you feel (melly)
My subjects arent as evil - Physics (recently dropped), bio, business, 3u maths and 3u english- .. but im still extremely stressed. I am finding it very difficult and my grades are spiralling down hill because im losing motivation, and im losing motivation because of this.. ah! cycle!!
Actually the thought of dropping out is frequently popping into my head, and has been more than ever lately. I really wanted some other students to talk to about all this! i need advice!!!
so Mel, I've added you to my msn contacts :) hopefully we can chat sometime.

HSC
doing 3 science, 3 eng and 3 maths hasnt been too much of a bother at the moment...i'm in yr 11...and i used to see science as my fav subject...but now its switched to maths...

about your maths - maybe u need to change the way you see it - not as a challenge but as something u are interested in? i know, easier said than done, but i've managed...topping the class and coming third in the grade for 2U...4th in class for 3U (nb this is the second class out of 7)

science - well u just need to keep reading ahead i guess, cos it always helps to know what the teacher is talking about - especially if they arent as articulate or "good" as u had hoped for...

HSC
yea, maths is my fave subject, and i am doing fairly well at it, considering i study for about 1/2 hour the night before the test and i am still doing average against other people who study for a week b4 tests! im thinking bout dropping chem @ the end of this year, do u think that is a really BAD idea considering i am hoping to get into some kindof medical related course @ uni?

baby_pea

HSC
hi, im doing 3sciences, 4unit maths and adv english

ask yourself if you are good at all of these, and whether you are thinking of a science orientated career

its not too hard, its bearable i guess, its just annoying if you finish the hsc and end up doing a commerce degree, which i am contemplating

Rudy

HSC
N/A
And I thought i was the only one having a tough time out there, Im getting really stressed. I do physics, chemestry, biology, advanced english, 3 unit maths and 1 unit religion ( damn catholic schools), and Im having a tough time getting myself into study mode, I always find myself distracted from learning and start leaning towards computer games. I really really need motivation considering HSC is coming up so quickly. I just cant seem to find my enthusiastic, nerdy side. At this rate ill be ruined T.T

Ankita

HSC
Hi,
my names ankita
i am doing 3 english, 3 maths, bio, physics and chem
although i cant really give any motivation or advice coz ive just gone into yr 11 although i am giving the hsc for bio in 2006.
c u should really only do all sciences if u really have a passion for them. That sounds really obvious and dumb but i know people who have taken all 3 and forced themselves to like it and then really not done well at all
thats really all i can say
GOOD LUCK!!!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Whoah. A massive bump on a 3 month old thread... still can't get over people bumping old threads.
Anyway back on topic: If you like science, do all three. surfsup_melly88 if you need help with maths 2/3 unit, come along to the maths forums and post in your questions or PM me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)