Chem/Economics tutoring in Newcastle (1 Viewer)

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
Chem+Economics tutoring in Newcastle or online!

Hey people,
I'm available for tutoring in chemistry and economics in Newcastle. As i don't have wheels, you would have to come to my house (Birmingham gardens), or we could meet in the Uni library. Alternatively... I'll also be happy to tutor online if that suits your needs better.

I went to school at Sydney Girls (finished '04), and now study medicine at Newcastle uni.

My marks were:
Economics: school: 94, hsc exam: 94
Chemistry: school: 91, hsc exam: 93
UAI: 98.6

EDIT: As there are many more students studying Chemistry than Economics, I would prefer to restrict myself to Chemistry tutoring. However, if your interested in economics, let me know, I had a lot of fun with that subject so I'd be very happy to tutor.

CHEMISTRY TUTORING:

Material I'll be using to tutor:
>> I have extensive notes for Chem, especially in the way of summaries
>> Prior tutoring notes + worksheets - good for topic by topic practice
>> Exam papers, with sample answers -- I have plenty of this to get you confident
>> Textbooks - success 1 chem, chemistry contexts, excel

I'll be happy to lend this material to you as needed, within reasons. I'm not the sort of person that's going to force work onto you either, but I will give you as much or as little guidance as you like - so if what you want is someone to set you homework and yell at you when it's not done... i can do that... but i'm not going to force you to do homework (unless of course you want me to).

Basically, my strategy for chem is to make sure you know your key concepts well - that's what will guarantee you some good marks. Once you've got that down pat, the rest is easy - there's a fair amount of the syllabus that is essentially just memorising bits and pieces, and that's where your easy marks will come from. I have good notes on these bits, so we can spend as much or as little lesson time on this as you please (I can give you these notes to take home).

ECONOMICS TUTORING
For Economics - i went to leading edge, so i have a lot of good stuff from them, eg formula sheets, sample answers, and will also be happy to share their strategies. I'll also provide you with practice questions, including essay questions which I will be happy to mark.

I want to keep this post short, but feel free to ask me any Qs :)

Price would be negotiable, I can tutor at $20-25hr, and will am happy to tutor for less if you come in a group.

Please post/PM if you'd like to arrange a time, or if you have any questions :)

~Rachel.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)