Chem Equation (1 Viewer)

russ3l

HSC
How do you guys do well in pracs? From the pracs I've had, they gave you the exam before the day. Is this the same for yr 11 and 12?

nifkeh

HSC
How do you guys do well in pracs? From the pracs I've had, they gave you the exam before the day. Is this the same for yr 11 and 12?
dunno what school you go to but they if they did give you the exam before you sat it it's an invalid assessment and defeats the point of a test which should be unseen. A prac is more of doing an experiment and using some of your knowledge learnt to explain the intention of the experiment/what it does and also to graph results, say independent, controlled and dependent variables and maybe other things relating to the experiment such as calculations

nifkeh

HSC
is chemistry really hard? :(
no, but once again you shouldn't be doing it because it's a popular subject in your school (it is in mine), for the teacher/parents or that your friends are doing it or that it is 'high scaling' or the most high scaling science which will bump up your ATAR 'very high'. It all comes down to your own motivation and interest and whether you are willing to accept that it isn't an easy or low maintenance course. It is logical and simple in the sense that the content you learn are somewhat linked to each other, but if you cannot deal with digesting concepts or at least having a passion or interest in science then of course it will be harder for you as you have the wrong mindset. Prelim for me wasn't hard but I liked pracs and didn't mind doing chem equations in year 10 & 9 which was why I ventured to select chem. If you are really worried you could take a look at the prelim chem content and see if you like the work from there. There isn't really anything to worry about as long as you are motivated to study for chem and don't look to it as if it were a burden on you or just annoying to learn

goldish

HSC
no, but once again you shouldn't be doing it because it's a popular subject in your school (it is in mine), for the teacher/parents or that your friends are doing it or that it is 'high scaling' or the most high scaling science which will bump up your ATAR 'very high'. It all comes down to your own motivation and interest and whether you are willing to accept that it isn't an easy or low maintenance course. It is logical and simple in the sense that the content you learn are somewhat linked to each other, but if you cannot deal with digesting concepts or at least having a passion or interest in science then of course it will be harder for you as you have the wrong mindset. Prelim for me wasn't hard but I liked pracs and didn't mind doing chem equations in year 10 & 9 which was why I ventured to select chem. If you are really worried you could take a look at the prelim chem content and see if you like the work from there. There isn't really anything to worry about as long as you are motivated to study for chem and don't look to it as if it were a burden on you or just annoying to learn
i like science and chemistry, for me, is a very challenging subject. my teacher in year 10 told me to do it because she asked me what course do i wanna study in uni and i told her that i want to do a science degree if i dont get into medicine (because the atar is just too high plus the umat). well anyway, i understood the chemistry topics we did in year 10 and i liked it. i grasped the concept pretty well and was able to apply them in pracs and stuff. and it also helped my half yearly/yearly mark.

also, where can i find the prelim course content of chemistry?
thank you so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)