chem-mark (1 Viewer)

sannous1

HSC
hey guys im just wondering if this seems right. ok welll the assesment my teacher sent in for me for chem was 74 ok. and in my results my hsc exam mark was 69 and my assement was 66. im aware that my assesment marks are moderated but shouldnt it be more then my exam mark which was 69 not below it as my assemnt mark was higher then the exam mark my teascher sent in. lik shouldnt my assment mark hav gone to lik a 71 or sumtin.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
moderation depends on how your cohort did. ( how well ur school did in hsc for that subject), if your school was top then moderation will most likely scale you up and vice versa.

HSC
yeah i guess it was your cohort as a whole which could have scaled down?...=S
Damn sorry about that :( I'm sure it'll go fine ^^d

iEdd

HSC
The internal assessment mark is, for argument's sake, completely irrelevant once it has determined your rank. Whatever your internal rank was, you get the corresponding ranked HSC exam mark as your assessment mark.
Eg, you came 6th with a mark of 74. You do your HSC, you get 69 and Bobby gets 66, coming 6th. Therefore you get Bobby's mark as your assessment mark.
Your assessment mark on your report doesn't mean anything when compared to a HSC mark as they aren't the same standard. In your case, the teachers were setting assessments that were easier than HSC standard.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Lol, one of my friend, her school assessment mark was 68, and the external exam was 86. She ended up with a 77. Lols.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)