Chem or Physics bridging course? (1 Viewer)

savio23q

Band
HSC
For physiotherapy, which bridging course do you guys recommend?
There's a unit that requires a lot of physics and maths in it, "Biomechanics of Human Movement", but i've been told that physics can be self taught coz it's mainly just 'concepts'. The other problem with physics is that the bridging course starts on the day that I have to enrol (16th), coz I received a final round offer...which'll make me late for the 1st session (no biggie though).

On the other hand, I was looking at some chem questions and I was like "wtf?!". I haven't done any chem in high school so I'm pretty clueless. I also heard that chem was harder to learn on your own but I'm not sure how much chem is actually used in physio. I mean, I can see where physics would be applied, but chem...? It might be here and there in the musculoskeletal anatomy unit but I'm not sure how much...

So for people who do/did/know someone who's doing physio some insight would be really great.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
physics u dont need. as long as u can use a caluculator and understand velocity/motion u are fine. chem i dunno. i did chem in yr 12 so i dont bother.

vivtzav

HSC
hi :)
what type of chem is used in the physio course and for what units of study in physio is chem used in?

thanks

savio23q

Band
HSC
physics u dont need. as long as u can use a caluculator and understand velocity/motion u are fine. chem i dunno. i did chem in yr 12 so i dont bother.
Thanks for the info.

vivtzav said:
hi
what type of chem is used in the physio course and for what units of study in physio is chem used in?

thanks
I'm thinking it might be used in "Functional Musculoskeletal Anatomy" but i'm not 100% sure.
Here's a list of topics. You can see which MIGHT use chem.

Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) - University of Sydney

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
its pretty much the neuroscience and anatomy /body functions stuff from a friend i have who's doing 3rd yr physio this yr.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
chem is very easy, i never did chem in hsc but was one of the top students. its just one of those subjects where the FOUNDATIONS are paramount, if u dont have the foundations u will just struggle struggle struggle, no matter how hard you try to study.

i know some students who drop out of science related courses just because they couldnt do chemistry (they do very well in biology and stuff), if only they knew the basic concepts then life would of been much easier

look up these in the holidays and u probably will be fine. understand them not just remember the definitions.

atom , electron, proton, neutron, isotopes
molecule
compound
element
atomic weights
mole <----- most important concept u probably can learn in 1st year
avagadros number
density

Last edited:

sunjay

HSC
Definitely, foundation in chem is so important. it is worth going back to year 9 and 10 chemistry if ur struggling. on the other hand, i think it is the easiest thing ever when u get the basics right. good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)