Chem textbooks (1 Viewer)

angeez

HSC
Hey :)
So I need some advice on whether or not I should get the latest conquering chem textbook? It's second hand and the person is selling for like $25 in perfect condition. I've got the jacaranda 2 one by geoffrey thickett but do you think I'll need conquering or will the other one suffice?

DepressedPenguino

HSC
I have conquering chem and it is good but idk how it compares with jacaranda chem :/ but $25 sounds like a good deal for a good condition conquering chem textbook

emilios

HSC
imo conquering chem + chemistry contexts is best combo.

but since you have jacaranda, jacaranda + conquering chem would still be a good combo. defs get it because it's always good to cross-reference facts and really no one textbook has it all. be wary of jacaranda going way too far into detail with stuff. a lot of it is superfluous.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO:

Conq Chem = not enough info

Jacaranda = too much info

Take them both, spending half your time on each and by law of averages, you will have it just right

HSC
yes, i am an advocate of the humble textbook! You can never have too many. (within reason)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Conquering chemistry is one of a few very good HSC chemistry textbooks-would definitely recommend, particularly if it is at such a low price as well:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)