chem txtbooks? (1 Viewer)

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
End Point: Where the indicator changes colour
Equivalence Point: Point where the reactants are in their mole ratios (I think)

Someone correct me if im worng...havent done chem in two months :?

edit: You always try to get the end point as close as possible to the equivilance point, and so that is why u might think they are the same thing.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
That is correct

The end point of the titration is usually indicated by a change in colour of a small amount of indicator solution added to the mixture of reactants.

For an acid-base titration an indicator is selected that changes colour at the pH of the salt solution formed at the point of neutralisation. This is known as the equivalence point

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Pathways >> worst textbook ever. It doesn't get to the point and you can never find what you want from there
Conquering Chem >> not bad, has several mistakes in it though
Chemistry Contexts >> Excellent! Tells you everything you need to know in detail and is easy to understand

HSC
i checked contexts and i like it but there's no answers to it! conquering isn't available at the local bookshops so i had to buy pathways instead. it's pretty good so far. might go to parramatta to buy conq chem.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
context gives you a CD at the back of the books.. the answers are there ;)

are you looking at conquering chem HSC or prelim? because i'm sure alot of 04ers are going to be selling their textbooks and i know a few people who have context (me too :p) :D

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
i would advise against excel and i would advise conquering chem and chemistry contexts.. they are the best i think. dont waste ur money on excel it is really useless -- i found it unorganised and uncomprehensive.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Simply rule: Don't buy excel, everybody else does, and it means that all the answers are the same.

Any textbook that lets you understand is good, I like conquering chem and contexts though.

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
context gives you a CD at the back of the books.. the answers are there ;)

are you looking at conquering chem HSC or prelim? because i'm sure alot of 04ers are going to be selling their textbooks and i know a few people who have context (me too :p) :D
ok thanks i'll look into the contexts when i get back to the stores. and it was prelim conq chem in which i was looking for

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
excel: 50% of wut u need to noe there fore, shit...

conq: 90% of wut u need to neo there fore, very good... straight to the pt... (dot pt dat is)

pathway: 99% of wut u need to noe + 20% of wut u dun need to noe... infact i lyked it the most cuz the explanation is very detailed... aprt from, not good for last minute revision...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)