chem1011 or chem1031 (1 Viewer)

Catz

HSC
which should I do if I'm in medical science and want to transfer to med?

Chem1011 or chem1031

thanks

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Did you taken chemistry in high school? You have the choice to take the higher stream if you are able to follow chemistry at a faster pace or choose the lower stream if you don't have as much experience or you do have experience but want to maximise your WAM. They pretty much cover the same content.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
There is the option to start off with CHEM1011 or 1031 and change your enrollment from one to the other before the census date which I believe is around week 3. You can see how easy or difficult one seems to you and switch accordingly.

kevinsta

HSC
Did you taken chemistry in high school? You have the choice to take the higher stream if you are able to follow chemistry at a faster pace or choose the lower stream if you don't have as much experience or you do have experience but want to maximise your WAM. They pretty much cover the same content.
I also did chemistry and got a band 5, would doing 1031 help me boost my WAM? How much harder is it in general?

AlPcRDH

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know of a large lab class in any year where students might like to use an electronic lab notebook instead of paper? They have them at USyd and UNSW might look at them too if we can get some testers.

asadhkhan17

HSC
Idk if I'll be of much help since I'm currently doing Chem1031 this semester, and I've only done the midsem exam which both chem1011 and chem1031 did together. If you got a band 5 in hsc chem then I'd do it. I'm finding the content so far pretty decent and I also got a band 5. I compared the content with friends doing chem1011 and theres a bit of extra work in the lectures and in our lab pracs but the level of difficulty isnt that great. That being said, I've heard the exams are alot harder but it scales well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)