CHEM1101 Exam HELL (1 Viewer)

fush

HSC
Originally Posted by withoutaface
Serves you all right for picking such a horrid subject.
i didnt pick it, i HAVE to do it

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
guess im too late to start a thread so i can bitch about this course........

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tennille said:
You're a horrid subject :p :)
I don't know what you guys do in the biology labs, but I want no part in it. I am not an animal!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I seriously cannot do any of those damn equillibrium or nearnst equation questions.... ther're so f****** stupid!!!!!!

speaking of..... page 3, june 2004 Calculate the molar activity of 3H in curie given its half life of 12.26 years..... how do you do that? It sounds like the simplest question, and i totally got the wrong answer, and i don't know why

alsothe question on page 12 about a saturated solution of iodine in water contains a.33g I2 per litre, but more than this amount can dissolve in a potassium iodide solution because of the following equillibrium

I(minus1) + I2 ---->I3(minus1)
a 0.1 M KI solution dissolves 12.5g of I2 per litre most of which is converted to I3-....... calculate the equillibrium constant

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Gavrillo said:
Fucking chemistry, want me to beat up Maschmeyer?

I mean, he just looks so damn happy:

haha yeah :p

I like chemistry... its one of my favourite subjects. I was flunking it in highschool now I'm nearly getting distinctions (was off by 2 last semester)... go figure.
At least u first years will have a past paper in ur 2nd year. the course has been changed, so now I got no past paper :(... shit my exam is on monday. i have to stop procrastinating.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Good napping time ;). Still good subject though, but don't intend to do it next year. More girls in chem than phys.

nit

HSC
you don't intend to continue with chem because there are more girls doing it than phys, Sedated? ;)

nit

HSC
nah, 100 probably wasn't a realisable goal in any case. It was worth a shot though. :rolleyes:

SeDaTeD

HSC
Heh, I don't intend to do phys either. and don't get me started about you being f..... hehe.

allstarr69

hey guys and girls... ive got a question for the chem geniouses out there

Its a question in the june 2004 paper and I havent got much of an idea.

A saturated solution of iodine in water contains 0.330 g I2 per litre, but more than this amount can dissolve in a pottasium iodide solution because of the following equilibrium.

i-(aq) + I2(aq) -------> I3-(aq)

A 0.100 M KI solution dissolves 12.5 g of I2 per litre, most of which is convered to I3-(aq). Assuming that the concentration of I2(aq) in all saturated solutions is the same, calculate the equilibrium constant for the above reaction.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

nit

HSC
you know there are 0.330g I2/litre in a saturated solution. The mass (12.5g) dissolved includes this value. The remainder can be used to work out no. moles of I2 dissolved to form I3- in the reaction given and hence no. moles of I3- present in 1 litre. You've also used up some I- in forming I3- and so you have to take that into account. Then substitute all those values into the equilibrium expression and you should end up with K=708 or thereabouts.

fush

HSC
but the answer apperently is 7.1x10^2 M^-1

so why is the M^-1 after it ?? I mean since when do equilibrium constant have units?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)