Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry?? (1 Viewer)

SleepyZM

HSC
I'm doing the application, and up to the part where it asks if I would like to transfer to the Industrial Chemistry program (instead of the Chemical Engineering program), and I have a few questions :)

1. If I DO decide to go with Industrial Chemistry, can I reverse the decision later on and go back to Chemical Engineering? Or is it set in stone? Does switching between the two fall under the 'flexible first year' that UNSW engineering has?

2. Is Industrial Chemistry a science course or an engineering course?

3. I already know Industrial Chemistry is based more so on the actual chemistry and Chemical Engineering on the processes side. Personally, I think I would find the Industrial course more interesting (I've looked at the outline) So my question here is, what has better job prospects?

Really, the only major difference in terms of course outline was in third year - I would prefer polymer science, in/organic chemistry (in industrial) to say, plant and process equipment design (in chem eng). would I be better off doing Industrial for those few subjects I would enjoy more and risk possible job prospects or are both programs too similar and im just being too paranoid?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)