• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Chemical Engineering - UQ vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

wales1995

HSC
Hi, I'm a Malaysian student still in the midst of doing my foundation locally. I will be able to study in Aussie in Chem eng in the next two years. However, my sponsors are offering me Chemical Engineering at UQ or UNSW.

SO FAR as I see, according to the QS World Rankings... UQ is much better than UNSW in chem eng. but still, it doesnt seem to be as popular as UNSW for some reason. (after researching throughout some forums.) So i would really like to know your opinions about which Uni is better for chem eng.

honestly, over here, i have literally no one to ask about those two unis. and I need to come with a decision very soon. (a week)

I really hope i'm at the right site to ask, because I made an account to survey your opinions.

Seriously, thanks! I truly appreciate it.

Roscosmos

HSC
They're pretty much exactly equal, I would just work out if you want to stay in Brisbane or Sydney and go off that.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd also probably choose Brisbane over Sydney.

Better lifestyle up in Queensland personally :p
Nicer weather most of the year.

Just got back from Singapore and I didn't realise how stinky (literally) Sydney was. Might have been hotter over that way, but after the cold of Sydney winters (which I know compared to most places is quite warm :lol:) but I had a much better time, which is odd because I detest the whole big city vibe.

Also, the reason you're probably finding more in favour of UNSW probably comes down to the fact NSW/Sydney has a bigger population, and generally a bigger presence on forums like these. It's still a great uni, but (especially on here) you'll find a lost of UNSW students happy to tell you how great it is :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)